Whale of a Spring Break - Pacific Rim Whale Festival
March is a celebration of many things… the arrival of spring, more daylight, new blooms, and all-things-fresh. It’s when Mother Nature takes her coat off and exhales a deep, warm breath.
In these parts, March is also all about whales… lots of them actually because March is when we celebrate the arrival of over 20,000 grey whales as they migrate north from the Baja Peninsula, up our coastline on their way to Alaska.
It’s like one big blowhole commute every year! And since 1986 Tofino, Ucluelet and the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve has saluted this majestic spectacle with the Pacific Rim Whale Festival. Least we can do as a stop-over on their 10,000+ mile annual round-trip!
This year's event marks the Festival’s 25th anniversary including over 75 events, many free. From March 19 to 27, enjoy parades, whale talks, beach tug-o-wars and sand castle building contests for the kids. Wine and culinary shindigs for mom and dad. Check out full details on the festival events line-up.
At Pacific Sands, we’re celebrating March, whales, Spring Break and more with:
- FREE Spring Break Kid's Camp – Back by popular demand, we’re offering an 8 day fun-filled camp again this Spring Break from March 19 to 26. Complimentary of course to all visiting families. Some suites and villas still available.
- Pacific Adventure Package – Hang out with grey whales from the comfort of a 65 foot whale watching boat as part of this adventurous 2-night package.
- Whale Tale Facebook Contest – We’ve invited whale fans to win a 2-night Pacific Adventure Package on Facebook. Tell us your best whale watching story… around our wild waters or anywhere in the world… and be sure to include photos or videos to prove it! The most “liked” whale-of-a-story by March 1st wins.
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages