Tofino Brewing Company Now Pouring
Just in time for Stanley Cup hockey playoff action, Tofino Brewing Company is serving up their frosty new ales to rave reviews.
Specializing in small batch, handcrafted ales, the brewery uses only barley, yeast, water and locally grown hops. Add Canadian pale malt and a touch of European specialty malt and you’ve got the makings of liquid gold.
Now open close to Tofino town centre, the brewery offers tours, tastings and merchandise from noon to 11pm daily with two signature beers on tap:
- Tuff Session Ale– full-flavoured light to medium bodied pale ale
- Hoppin’ Cretin IPA– lighter-bodied with a big nose including whiffs of citrus and mango
[Lost in translation? See below for Beer/Surfing Glossary of Terms.]
From hydroelectric power to water conservations systems, the founders of Tofino Brewing Company are as passionate about sustainable operations as they are about beer, including giving the "spent grain" and residual hops to local farms and gardeners. Apparently the left-overs make great livestock feed and fertilizer.
Their tastiest environmental program has to be “Growlers” which are the coolest thing to hit the beer scene since kegs. These 1.89 litre/64 oz “moonshine-like” glass bottles are easily refillable at the brewery which means you quaff the freshest beer around without leaving 6 beer cans behind.
So next time you’re enjoying Pacific Sands hospitality and accommodations in Tofino, include a visit to Tofino Brewing Company. Or if you’re out and about at your favourite Tofino haunt, ask your server or bartender and taste for yourself what everyone’s talking about.
Until then, hale to the ale and the Holy Grail of Lord Stanley! Let’s all raise a glass to Canada’s national beverage and the home of hockey… GO VANCOUVER CANUCKS!
Beer/Surfing Glossary of Terms:
- Tuff Session = Tofino’s nickname “Tuff City” combined with surfer slang for “surf session”.
- Hoppin’ Cretin IPA = Play on words from the Ramones song “Cretin Hop”…a favourite post-surf tune of the brewery’s founders… also as in “loaded with big, burly hops flavour”. “IPA” stands for an India Pale Ale style beer.
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages