“Eco” is one of those hip yet controversial words we hear a lot these days. Usually in the same sentence as “environmental”, “conservation”, “sustainability” and more 4+ syllable words that ultimately mean one thing… how you/me/we impact the future of this planet we all call home. At Pacific Sands we take the small role we play in the big picture very seriously and are very proud to have recently been awarded 4 Keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
Green Key recognizes worldwide hotels and resorts that are committed to improving their environmental performance. Pacific Sands has been awarded a 4 out 5 Key rating for excellence in environmental and social responsibility in all operational areas.
Queue the applause!... but one look at breathtaking Cox Bay and our towering, lush forests and it’s not hard to see why we’re inspired by our environment at this resort. Preserving it is a mandate and philosophy that guides every decision we make.
Beyond in-suite recycling and towel exchange programs, our eco-friendly resort practices include:
- Geo-exchange System that uses the consistent temperature of the earth to provide heating, cooling and hot water
- Rain water capture system for reuse in irrigation
- Repurposing wood killed by pine beetle infestation for building materials
- All partially used soaps and amenities are collected through Clean the World’s Hospitality Recycling Program for redistribution in countries including Haiti, Guatemala and Africa
- An environmental committee and formal operational policies
- Sourcing and purchasing sustainable products as well as ongoing eco-training and education
Our Master Resort Development Plan is well underway including spectacular resort enhancements and even more sustainable surprises. It’s going to be exciting so stay tuned for updates and when we earn that 5th Key you’ll be the first to know!
Post a Comment:
|[ Previous ]||[ Back ]||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages