Tofino's New Tuff City Bike Park Gets Air
Like every activity in Tofino – including surfing – mountain biking can either be easy or epic. Meaning you can cruise the hard-packed beaches, enjoy the bike paths from town through Pacific Rim Park, or tackle the rugged rides where only experts go. And now with the Tuff City Bike Park opening this Saturday June 16th, riders of all skill levels can check-out dirt jumps, stunt trails and North America’s first manufactured pump track.
Funding for this community project has largely come from Tofino Parks and Recreation with volunteers and local fundraising filling the gap.
Which is why we’re super excited to be doing our part by donating $1 for every “Like” we receive on our Tuff City Bike Park post on Facebook. We’re at 129 Likes as of this Blog but with your show of support, we want to donate more! Thanks in advance for Liking this post before midnight this Friday, June 15.
Coming to Tofino soon? Besides experiencing the park first-hand, you can also show support by picking up a cool Tuff City Bike Park shirt for $20 at SOBO, Live to Surf, Ukee Bikes or the Municipal Office.
And by the way, if you don’t want to transport your bike to Tofino you can always rent at Ukee Bikes. Or if you’d rather just watch, rent one of our beach cruisers and gutter bunny* or roadie* into town in minutes on the easy trail [* see definitions below ].
Mountain bikers have always had their own unique subculture and radical language. Here are just a few random definitions to bring you up to speed:
- Aunt Bee – slowest member of a group ride
- Corndog – to become covered in silt; usually after a “spill”
- Face shovel – when one’s face comes in contact with the ground
- Gutter bunny – a bicycling commuter
- Roadie – a rider who prefers riding on paved surfaces
- Skid lid – helmet
- Tea party – when a group of riders stops and chats and nobody seems to want to ride on
- Wild pigs – poorly adjusted brake pads that squeal during use
- Vegetable tunnel – a skinny bike route that’s heavily overgrown with foliage so a rider must duck and bend to get through it
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino restaurants