Tofino never tasted this good!
Pacific Sands is turning 40 and we’re celebrating food and the friends and family that have shared memories around the table here for generations. Hot off the press, Flavours of Tofino brings our finest chefs and eateries together with a collection of over 40 recipes featuring food imagery so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick the pages.
More than a cookbook, this spectacular keepsake commemorates a slice of history, telling the story of Pacific Sands and the legendary love that built it.
From the Pettinger Family's humble beginnings in 1973 to the vision that continues to unfold today, the following excerpt from Flavours of Tofino says it all:
“This cookbook is for everyone who’s enjoyed special moments at Pacific Sands, and all who gather, prepare and share food.”
In addition to Pettinger Family favourites like Joan’s Famous Bacardi Rum Cake and Grey Cup Casserole, highlights from Tofino’s culinary talent include:
- The Pointe Restaurant – Black Pepper and Thyme Gnocchi with Tofino Chanterelles, Roasted Garlic and Qualicum Brie
- RedCan Gourmet – Pan-Seared Wild Pacific Sockeye Salmon, Roasted Yam Mash and Pecan Celery Broth
- The Schooner Restaurant – Foolproof Dungeness Crab
- Shelter – Broiled Oysters with Hazelnuts and Parmesan
- SoBo – Smoked Fish Chowder
- Spotted Bear Bistro – Clams with Chorizo, Fresh Tomatoes, Garlic and Basil
- Tacofino – Salchichas con Tocino (Bacon-Wrapped Hotdogs)
- Wildside Grill Bistro – New Potato and Dungeness Crab Salad
(Yes, it's as yummy as it sounds. And the recipes can be tackled by home cooks of all levels...so good!)
Take home a complimentary copy when you enjoy our Forty & Fabulous Anniversary Package, including beachfront accommodation in a two bedroom Beach House and a delicious, easy arrival SoBo-to-Go dinner for four. To further extend our thanks to the community for 40 years of support, we are donating $40 to the Tofino and Ucluelet Food Banks for every package booked.
Already booked to come to the Resort? Flavours of Tofino can be purchased exclusively at Guest Services for $24.95* so you to test-drive recipes in your in-suite kitchen. Inspired chefs that like to plan ahead should also be sure to check out our Gourmet Pantry for kitchen tools, cookware and appliances available to borrow during your stay.
* On sale starting March 13, 2013 - while supplies last.
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages