BC's Greatest Hits at the Tofino Food & Wine Festival
June 7 to 9 marks the 11th Tofino Food & Wine Festival, an annual destination weekend event celebrating BC’s bounty of food, award-winning wines and more. The main event on June 8, Grazing in the Gardens, is at the magical Tofino Botanical Gardens; a 12 acre stage of foodie fun surrounded by rainforest trees, flowers, ponds and boardwalks. It’s sort of like “Alice in Wonderland” meets Tofino…with a glass of wine and a smorgasbord.
Imagine weaving through a myriad of trails with live music echoing through the forest and art surprises at every turn. Then pathways opening up to pockets areas of fun, each with its own unique feel and mouth-watering showcase of the best of BC’s wine, food, artisans and micro-breweries.
Kira Rogers, founder and producer of this popular event, is passionate about showcasing BC’s wine and food treasures. From 150 guests and volunteers in 2003 to over 1500 at last year’s event, we think she’s on to something!
“This event has grown organically over the years to become a truly authentic experience that much like BC’s wine and artisan food scene, just gets better and better,” stated Kira enthusiastically. “People come from all over to meet the chefs, wine and cheese makers in this incredibly beautiful setting. It’s so unique, so fun and we can’t wait for the 11th festival to unfold.”
- Live music everywhere including a marching band, Dinah D Swingclub, DJ Kevin West and the Lonesome Pine Special
- Food sampling from 13 local chefs, restaurants and cheese makers
- Liquid love from over 30 wineries and 6 micro-breweries
- Outlandish Oyster Bar where you can slurp Vancouver Island’s finest bivalves
- Silent Auction to raise money to revitalize Wickaninnish School gardens
Sounds fantastic doesn’t it?! We’re such raving festival fans we’re offering a Tofino Food & Wine Festival Package including two tickets to Grazing in the Gardens, complimentary shuttle to and from the event and a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival.
For more of a taste of what’s in store, check out this CTV News recap on last year’s Festival:
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages