Upscale Comfort at Spotted Bear Bistro
With its downtown meets laid-back Tofino vibe, Spotted Bear Bistro is known for its upscale comfort food–the kind of food that makes your stomach growl.
And when they say they focus on locally sourced Vancouver Island products, they mean it. The menu is in constant transition, offering seasonal produce, cheeses, sustainable seafood and specialty meats from local farms and waters.
But what’s most refreshing about Spotted Bear Bistro is how deliciously unassuming it is.
First, don’t let the inconspicuous curb-appeal fool you. Inside, there’s an intimate, west coast contemporary feel, with the buzz of locals and visitors. And one whiff of what’s wafting from the open kitchen, and you’ll know you’re in for something special.
It’s almost like being somewhere familiar, and you get the sense that the chef is preparing a home-cooked meal just for you. Serving dinner from 5:30pm daily with Sunday Brunch from 9am to noon, it’s quite simply an unfussy approach to great food, friends and family.
When asked about the latest menu, Chef Cam Young remarked, “We’re always looking to elevate food and flavours and the new menu changes really reflect that. We’ve put a different spin on some old favourites and introduced some new dishes that guests are really enjoying.”
- Albacore Tuna Tartare (warning: addictive) - with avocado, pickled shallot + mushroom, cucumber, soy truffle vinaigrette, and toasts
- Braised Octopus - with white beans, roasted tomato, smoked paprika vinaigrette
- Pork Belly and Scallops - with cauliflower purée, carrot
- Signature SB Burger - classic style with a chuck + brisket patty; comes with “SB” housemade pickles, mustard, tomato, lettuce, fontina cheese, frites
- Tagliatelle - classic pasta special; changes every day
- Pinche Aguacate - 2 soft poached eggs, slow roasted tomato and goat cheese cream, avocado, cilantro, lime, toasted english muffin, citrus hollandaise
- Captain Vicente Tofino (Tofino’s namesake) - 2 soft poached eggs, smoked sockeye salmon, citrus hollandaise, fried capers, toasted english muffin, “SB” breaky potatoes
Spotted Bear Bistro has also caught the attention of travel hot-spot aficionados Condé Nast Traveler. The Oct 2013 article A Feast for the Senses featured the restaurant along with other popular Tofino eateries stating, “…food lovers can find a disproportionate number of excellent restaurants in a three-street radius.”
So scrumptiously true! Tofino’s food scene continues to impress and we suspect its just warming up.
More on Tofino restaurants.
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages