Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- August 2, 2016With a bustling, new seaside kitchen and a steady stream of beach food-lovers, Surfside Grill is settling into its new Pacific Sands location. As the sister site to Tofino’s wildly popular Wildside Grill, commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake are enjoying their new Cox Bay vantage point, complete with Saturday night BBQ events and the odd whale sighting.
- June 25, 2015When you’re a surf-town like Tofino, surfing means many things. To locals it’s a culture, a religion, a performance art on a moving, liquid stage. To visitors it’s an escape, an adventure, a bucket-list check mark. The common denominator? Fun. Which is exactly what we were thinking when we took a second look at how we could turn an old Resort cabin into a Surf Shack. What better way to celebrate the easy, breezy lifestyle of Tofino than a seaside surf hang-out?
- April 30, 2015Chances are your kids are already counting the sleeps until school’s out, so if summer vacation planning is still on your to-do list, how about a family playdate at the beach? From spectacular Clayoquot Sound adventures to the simple pleasure of a Cox Bay tide pool, come see why Pacific Sands Beach Resort is a consistently top-ranked Tofino hotel on TripAdvisor.
- February 25, 2015Ahhh... the promise of spring is upon us with Spring Break just around the sweet-smelling corner. The days are getting longer, the blooms are getting brighter and the whales are doing their thing, right on cue. Whether you’re staying with us during Spring Break or thinking about it, here's a line-up of Tofino happenings to make this year’s family getaway unforgettable.
- December 31, 2014With the busyness and indulgence of Christmas behind us, the post-eggnog countdown to 2015 is on. Whether you’re headed to a shindig with streamers or heading to the living room with a bowl of popcorn, New Year’s Eve is a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. As we look back on another memorable year filled with new and returning friends and guests, we’re especially grateful for this incredible part of the world we get to call home.
- October 30, 2014Women instinctively know that there’s no better way to push pause on life’s demands, curve-balls, and hectic work and family schedules than a girls’ weekend. It’s an estrogen-fuelled almost primal need for getaway therapy – a soul-cleansing, no-brainer, no-men escape. And when the rally cry goes out, we answer the call with our Girlfriend Getaway Package.
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- September 26, 2013It rains here. There we said it. Not all the time of course, but it’s called a rainforest for a reason. And if you haven’t experienced the magic of Tofino’s rainforests, you haven’t looked through the magnificent eyes of Mother Nature herself. Imagine trees so ancient, gnarled and huge you feel itty-bitty beside them. Dense mossy banks in more shades of green than you thought possible. Long sandy beaches and misty, relentless surf that shimmers as the sun breaks through. And the lure of countless unique things to do, inside and out.
- June 28, 2013Coffee is one of those things in life that makes everything feel better. A simple pleasure that makes us pause – even on the busiest of days – to ponder and put things in perspective. It wakes us up, brings us together, enhances a brunch and finishes a great dinner. And for anyone that’s enjoyed a Tofino beach walk with a coffee and the sound of the surf, it can be a religious experience. But as local roaster Tofino Coffee Co. will attest, there’s a science to good coffee.
- December 9, 2012As the only resort in Tofino with fully-equipped kitchens in every suite, we know how much that means to our guests. The ability to cook seaside with family, friends, or romantic meals for two is part of the Pacific Sands experience and has been for generations. We have most kitchen basics covered for culinary adventures during your stay, but as of Dec 21 visiting chefs will be able to borrow even more kitchen tools, appliances and cookware with our new Gourmet Pantry program.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials