Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- July 4, 2016Commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake’s Wildside Grill has been a favourite eatery for locals and loyal visitors for over 8 years. From an upscale twist on seafood, to unique meat dishes sourced from Vancouver Island farms, their Outside Break parking lot location has earned raving fan status – including us. Which is why we’re SO excited the boys are days away from opening Surfside Grill – a sister location right here at Pacific Sands.
- April 27, 2016The boat-to-table philosophy behind Tofino’s 6th annual FEAST festival (May 6 – 22) is about to get very literal with a Chef’s Long Table event right here at Pacific Sands on May 12th. From a spectacular beachfront tent and looooong table for 75 lucky diners, to a 6-course meal paired and prepared by 11 local and visiting chefs, it’s an ambitious, al fresco dining experience – and we’ve got tickets.
- December 31, 2014With the busyness and indulgence of Christmas behind us, the post-eggnog countdown to 2015 is on. Whether you’re headed to a shindig with streamers or heading to the living room with a bowl of popcorn, New Year’s Eve is a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. As we look back on another memorable year filled with new and returning friends and guests, we’re especially grateful for this incredible part of the world we get to call home.
- June 27, 2014Tofino’s celebrated foodie scene has a bold, new restaurant to add to the mix – the much-anticipated Wolf in the Fog is now open. They’re calling it “a culinary experience that matches the intensity of Tofino’s wild and dramatic environment.” How intense? A few years ago, all three of the (now) owners were on their way to an early morning fishing trip. It was a foggy Tofino morning, but right there on the very corner the restaurant now sits, they saw a wolf. Hmmm… sounds like chef dreams in the making, complete with a name.
- March 25, 2014The 4th annual FEAST Tofino is gearing up for its delicious May 1 to 29 culinary journey with guest chefs, 17 participating restaurants, 16 events and climbing. One of those events just happens to be right here at Pacific Sands when we spark up our beachfront Gazebo BBQs on Friday, May 16.
- February 27, 2014Naturally, romance flourishes here year round, but every February in celebration of that Saint named Valentine, there’s a heightened sense of that lovin’ feeling. So we couldn’t let the month go by without telling you about Chocolate Tofino, a chocolate-lover’s happy place named “The best handmade chocolates and gelato on Vancouver Island” by Frommer’s Travel Guides.
- November 25, 2013With its downtown meets laid-back Tofino vibe, Spotted Bear Bistro is known for its upscale comfort food–the kind of food that makes your stomach growl. And when they say they focus on locally sourced Vancouver Island products, they mean it. The menu is in constant transition, offering seasonal produce, cheeses, sustainable seafood and specialty meats from local farms and waters. But what’s most refreshing about Spotted Bear Bistro is how deliciously unassuming it is.
- February 28, 2013Pacific Sands is turning 40 and we’re celebrating food and the friends and family that have shared memories around the table here for generations. Hot off the press, Flavours of Tofino brings our finest chefs and eateries together with a collection of over 40 recipes featuring food imagery so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick the pages. More than a cookbook, this spectacular keepsake commemorates a slice of history, telling the story of Pacific Sands and the legendary love that built it.
- December 9, 2012As the only resort in Tofino with fully-equipped kitchens in every suite, we know how much that means to our guests. The ability to cook seaside with family, friends, or romantic meals for two is part of the Pacific Sands experience and has been for generations. We have most kitchen basics covered for culinary adventures during your stay, but as of Dec 21 visiting chefs will be able to borrow even more kitchen tools, appliances and cookware with our new Gourmet Pantry program.
- October 25, 2012Besides being beautiful, BC’s forests can be edible. It’s where wild mushrooms flourish – that down-to-earth seasonally indulgent ingredient that perks up a fall meal like nothing else can. As many food enthusiasts know, it’s now prime time for a forest jewel called chanterelle mushrooms. Not just any mushroom, chanterelles are stars in the wild mushroom category of savoury flavour, versatility, and earthy goodness. And foragers are now out in full force hunting for golden treasure.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials