Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- September 4, 2014If you’re a fan of wearing jewelry, you know the difference between everyday earrings, bracelets and necklaces versus “statement pieces.” But what if you could find jewelry that makes a unique “everyday statement?” Talented Tofino artist Christy Feaver creates just that with her handcrafted metal collection inspired by love, life, the sea and her travels in the South Pacific.
- April 21, 2014[Applause + ovations] Happy Earth Day! It’s April 22nd, which means the largest environmental event in the world is happening TODAY as more than a billion people in towns and cities around the globe celebrate this planet we all get to revolve on. More importantly, Earth Day shines a sustainable spotlight on how we keep it revolving. Here in Tofino, we take it a little further with a seven-day focus, turning one day into Earth Week–April 20 to 27. (Pssst! Not to brag but we have some creative license as a designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.)
- March 25, 2014The 4th annual FEAST Tofino is gearing up for its delicious May 1 to 29 culinary journey with guest chefs, 17 participating restaurants, 16 events and climbing. One of those events just happens to be right here at Pacific Sands when we spark up our beachfront Gazebo BBQs on Friday, May 16.
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- October 30, 2013The history of surfing runs deep in these waters. From pioneering characters like Jim Sadler–who arrived on horseback from Alberta in the late 1940s and paddled the swells on a 13-foot plywood board–to hometown hero Pete Devries winning the 2009 O’Neill Cold Water Classic, the stories spanning over 60 years are as unique as they are legendary. And now thanks to Tofino local Devorah Reeves–Curator of the West Coast Surf Museum project–this celebrated surf culture is on track to be preserved for generations of wave riders to come. Read on for how you can help.
- April 19, 2013June 7 to 9 marks the 11th Tofino Food & Wine Festival, an annual destination weekend event celebrating BC’s bounty of food, award-winning wines and more. The main event on June 8, Grazing in the Gardens, is at the magical Tofino Botanical Gardens; a 12 acre stage of foodie fun surrounded by rainforest trees, flowers, ponds and boardwalks. It’s sort of like “Alice in Wonderland” meets Tofino…with a glass of wine and a smorgasbord.
- November 25, 2012If you’ve never seen glass blowing in action, there’s something about watching molten glass being shaped and changed with colour at around 2000 degrees that’s almost hypnotizing. Glass meets rain forest at the Spirit of the Fire Glass Studio where local Tofino artist Sol Maya plays with fire. Given the main ingredient in glass is sand, Sol has plenty of natural resources to draw from.
- June 29, 2012With so many summer camps to choose from, kids have lots to keep them busy...sports camps, dance camps, wilderness camps, and you-name-it camps. Which is probably why Pacific Sands Summer Kid’s Camps have always been a hit! Where else can kids discover the magic of a tide-pool, stroll through the jaw-dropping wisdom of an ancient rainforest, learn handy survival skills and get cozy with sea lions?!
- June 13, 2012Like every activity in Tofino – including surfing – mountain biking can either be easy or epic. Meaning you can cruise the hard-packed beaches, enjoy the bike paths from town through Pacific Rim Park, or tackle the rugged rides where only experts go. And now with the Tuff City Bike Park opening this Saturday June 16th, riders of all skill levels can check-out dirt jumps, stunt trails and North America’s first manufactured pump track.
- May 22, 2012Having cooked professionally for over 30 years including top hotels in Toronto, Whistler, Vancouver as well as The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, Chef Tim May is now blazing culinary trails with Tofino’s RedCan Gourmet. And when it comes to Pacific Sands, from Beachside BBQ’s and catering resort events to delivering breakfast and pizza, he’s our resident culinary rockstar.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 3||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages