Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- June 6, 2017As Tofino’s culinary scene continues to dazzle with a growing list of restaurants earning accolades and buzz, some entrepreneurial locals are making waves with cool specialty products. From kombucha and popsicles to hand harvested sea salt, these food geniuses give new meaning to "natural resources."
- March 30, 2017Artistic inspiration tends to come naturally here. From our majestic, coastal perch on the rugged shores of Vancouver Island, to Clayoquot Sound and the deep-rooted influence of First Nations, you could say art and culture are in Tofino’s DNA. And it’s why so many world-class artisans call Tofino home. Whether you meet them at Tofino Public Market, stroll the galleries in town, or enjoy the works of some of Tofino’s top artists right here at the Resort, create your own culture crawl on your next visit.
- May 31, 2016You know when you take a photo of a spectacular nature scene, wildlife in their habitat, or high-action sports… and you feel like a pro shooting a National Geographic moment – and then you look at it and realize you didn’t quite capture it? Actually, not even close. Then you look at professional photos that are so remarkable, they make you stop and stare. Count on experiencing waves of moments like those when you see Jeremy Koreski’s collection of Canadian coastal images that are so captivating, you feel like you’re participating.
- December 6, 2015When it comes to “art,” they say every artist has a story, and every piece tells it without words. What kind of art speaks to you? Whether you come for one of Tofino’s many artisan events, or stroll the galleries that line our quaint streets, come meet and discover the many talented Tofino artists and handcrafted creations that make our spectacular corner of the world even more enchanting.
- September 4, 2014If you’re a fan of wearing jewelry, you know the difference between everyday earrings, bracelets and necklaces versus “statement pieces.” But what if you could find jewelry that makes a unique “everyday statement?” Talented Tofino artist Christy Feaver creates just that with her handcrafted metal collection inspired by love, life, the sea and her travels in the South Pacific.
- July 31, 2014From the symbolic 2010 Olympic Winter Games inukshuk, to totem poles, ornate masks and sculptures you see showcased all over British Columbia, it’s easy to get immersed in Canada's First Nations art scene. And its artists like Roy Henry Vickers that have put First Nations art on the map and walls of galleries worldwide with a colourful 40-year career.
- June 27, 2014Tofino’s celebrated foodie scene has a bold, new restaurant to add to the mix – the much-anticipated Wolf in the Fog is now open. They’re calling it “a culinary experience that matches the intensity of Tofino’s wild and dramatic environment.” How intense? A few years ago, all three of the (now) owners were on their way to an early morning fishing trip. It was a foggy Tofino morning, but right there on the very corner the restaurant now sits, they saw a wolf. Hmmm… sounds like chef dreams in the making, complete with a name.
- February 27, 2014Naturally, romance flourishes here year round, but every February in celebration of that Saint named Valentine, there’s a heightened sense of that lovin’ feeling. So we couldn’t let the month go by without telling you about Chocolate Tofino, a chocolate-lover’s happy place named “The best handmade chocolates and gelato on Vancouver Island” by Frommer’s Travel Guides.
- November 25, 2012If you’ve never seen glass blowing in action, there’s something about watching molten glass being shaped and changed with colour at around 2000 degrees that’s almost hypnotizing. Glass meets rain forest at the Spirit of the Fire Glass Studio where local Tofino artist Sol Maya plays with fire. Given the main ingredient in glass is sand, Sol has plenty of natural resources to draw from.
- May 25, 2011Just in time for Stanley Cup hockey playoff action, Tofino Brewing Company is serving up their new handcrafted ales to rave reviews. Specializing in small batch, sustainably produced ales, the brewery offers tours, merchandise and frosty tastings with two signature beers on tap.
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials