Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- December 31, 2014With the busyness and indulgence of Christmas behind us, the post-eggnog countdown to 2015 is on. Whether you’re headed to a shindig with streamers or heading to the living room with a bowl of popcorn, New Year’s Eve is a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. As we look back on another memorable year filled with new and returning friends and guests, we’re especially grateful for this incredible part of the world we get to call home.
- October 30, 2014Women instinctively know that there’s no better way to push pause on life’s demands, curve-balls, and hectic work and family schedules than a girls’ weekend. It’s an estrogen-fuelled almost primal need for getaway therapy – a soul-cleansing, no-brainer, no-men escape. And when the rally cry goes out, we answer the call with our Girlfriend Getaway Package.
- September 4, 2014If you’re a fan of wearing jewelry, you know the difference between everyday earrings, bracelets and necklaces versus “statement pieces.” But what if you could find jewelry that makes a unique “everyday statement?” Talented Tofino artist Christy Feaver creates just that with her handcrafted metal collection inspired by love, life, the sea and her travels in the South Pacific.
- July 31, 2014From the symbolic 2010 Olympic Winter Games inukshuk, to totem poles, ornate masks and sculptures you see showcased all over British Columbia, it’s easy to get immersed in Canada's First Nations art scene. And its artists like Roy Henry Vickers that have put First Nations art on the map and walls of galleries worldwide with a colourful 40-year career.
- February 27, 2014Naturally, romance flourishes here year round, but every February in celebration of that Saint named Valentine, there’s a heightened sense of that lovin’ feeling. So we couldn’t let the month go by without telling you about Chocolate Tofino, a chocolate-lover’s happy place named “The best handmade chocolates and gelato on Vancouver Island” by Frommer’s Travel Guides.
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials