Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- January 11, 2011We did a bang-up job welcoming 2011 with a fireworks celebration for the record-books! The moon was shining over Cox Bay as the festive spectacle lit up the surf in a dance of colours to ooh’s and ahhh’s from the crowd. Turns out we’re not the only ones who think Pacific Sands is a magic place to bring in the New Year – travel bloggers Alex and Luke voted the resort one of the Top 3 Places in North America to Spend New Year’s Eve.
- November 30, 2010Some might call the torrential winter rains that come with a rain forest downright nasty. Others might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Talk to a Tofino local or seasoned tourist and you’ll see eyes get wide with anticipation. In fact, storm watching is an attraction in these parts. A natural phenomenon you truly have to see to believe.
- November 9, 2010Ever wonder what happens to all those little soaps and shampoo bottles you leave behind in hotel rooms? The ones you barely use?
Truth is they often end up in already overflowing landfills where they contaminate already fragile groundwater systems. What a waste, what a disaster. Meantime, impoverished people around the world die every day from infection and disease because they don’t have access to soap.
Doesn’t compute does it...
- October 26, 2010With over 50,000 gallons of Pacific oysters harvested in the region annually, Tofino has plenty to shuck and slurp about having declared November the official month to celebrate these abundantly yummy bivalves.
Oysters will take centre stage all month long at local restaurants and the Clayoquot Oyster Festival November 19 - 21.
- September 23, 2010Hard to believe it’s already been a year since Tofino was in the spotlight for Canada’s first ever international surf competition. It was the 2009 O’Neill Cold Water Classic and local hero Peter Devries tore up the waves and won on home turf. Talk about making a surf statement!
|[ Previous ]||page 2 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials