Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- October 30, 2013The history of surfing runs deep in these waters. From pioneering characters like Jim Sadler–who arrived on horseback from Alberta in the late 1940s and paddled the swells on a 13-foot plywood board–to hometown hero Pete Devries winning the 2009 O’Neill Cold Water Classic, the stories spanning over 60 years are as unique as they are legendary. And now thanks to Tofino local Devorah Reeves–Curator of the West Coast Surf Museum project–this celebrated surf culture is on track to be preserved for generations of wave riders to come. Read on for how you can help.
- September 26, 2013It rains here. There we said it. Not all the time of course, but it’s called a rainforest for a reason. And if you haven’t experienced the magic of Tofino’s rainforests, you haven’t looked through the magnificent eyes of Mother Nature herself. Imagine trees so ancient, gnarled and huge you feel itty-bitty beside them. Dense mossy banks in more shades of green than you thought possible. Long sandy beaches and misty, relentless surf that shimmers as the sun breaks through. And the lure of countless unique things to do, inside and out.
- August 31, 2013Let’s set the scene: picture paddling along the pristine shores of Tofino in your cozy wetsuit, breathing in the intoxicating sea air, cruising by towering forests and eagle’s nests, wait…there’s a seal. All this while getting a great workout standing up on a paddleboard; the fastest growing water sport in the world. Sounds like all these boards need is cup-holders to be the perfect vacation sport!
- July 25, 2013This summer, Pacific Sands 40th Anniversary celebrations continue behind the lens. As announced in the July Pacific E-News, we’re amping up our popular Monthly Photo Contest with a family spin in July & August. Our Family Photo Contest is a salute to family and those Pacific Sands moments captured in photos that live on for generations. Two talented winners will get to make even more family memories with a 3-Night Family Escape in a private 2 Bedroom Beach House.
- June 28, 2013Coffee is one of those things in life that makes everything feel better. A simple pleasure that makes us pause – even on the busiest of days – to ponder and put things in perspective. It wakes us up, brings us together, enhances a brunch and finishes a great dinner. And for anyone that’s enjoyed a Tofino beach walk with a coffee and the sound of the surf, it can be a religious experience. But as local roaster Tofino Coffee Co. will attest, there’s a science to good coffee.
- March 28, 2013Tofino’s surf culture continues to surprise and delight warm water surfers as profiled in this CNN iReport video. Check out travel reporter Tracy Bymoen’s candid interviews with locals to get the scoop on what makes Tofino’s surf scene so special.
- January 28, 2013According to Hallmark and the tradition of Valentine’s Day, ‘tis the season for a little extra romance. At the risk of sounding overconfident, when you’re as stunningly beautiful as Tofino, it’s romantic every single day here. But out of respect for Saint Valentine’s philosophy and the magic of love, we thought we’d shine a spotlight on just how amorous it gets with the following 10 romantic things to do in Tofino (in no particular order):
- November 25, 2012If you’ve never seen glass blowing in action, there’s something about watching molten glass being shaped and changed with colour at around 2000 degrees that’s almost hypnotizing. Glass meets rain forest at the Spirit of the Fire Glass Studio where local Tofino artist Sol Maya plays with fire. Given the main ingredient in glass is sand, Sol has plenty of natural resources to draw from.
- October 25, 2012Besides being beautiful, BC’s forests can be edible. It’s where wild mushrooms flourish – that down-to-earth seasonally indulgent ingredient that perks up a fall meal like nothing else can. As many food enthusiasts know, it’s now prime time for a forest jewel called chanterelle mushrooms. Not just any mushroom, chanterelles are stars in the wild mushroom category of savoury flavour, versatility, and earthy goodness. And foragers are now out in full force hunting for golden treasure.
- September 5, 2012The whole point of travelling is to get a new perspective on things right? What better way than from the air with a helicopter adventure tour of one of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful areas on the continent. (Is jaw-droppingly a word? It is now.) For a sea-to-sky trip that will leave you breathless, check-out the Mount Ursus Glacier Heli-Experience by Tofino’s Atleo River Air Services.
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials