Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- May 25, 2011Just in time for Stanley Cup hockey playoff action, Tofino Brewing Company is serving up their new handcrafted ales to rave reviews. Specializing in small batch, sustainably produced ales, the brewery offers tours, merchandise and frosty tastings with two signature beers on tap.
- April 27, 2011The only thing better that the slap, sizzle and smell of a BBQ is enjoying it at the beach! Add to that someone ELSE doing the cooking (and clean-up) for you and your family so you can relax, watch the surf and enjoy a refreshing libation… and you’re now in the range of BBQ nirvana.
Staying with us during FEAST! Tofino-Ucluelet? We’re celebrating with Catered Beach ‘n BBQ’s on Wednesday May 18 & 25 at our beachfront Gazebo.
- April 13, 2011We’ve always had a feeling the beaches around Tofino were pretty special (wink)... turns out we’re not alone. The votes are in and Tofino was ranked #1 in Canada in the 2011 Travelers’ Choice Best Beaches Awards on TripAdvisor – the World’s largest travel website for unbiased travel reviews. Award winners all over the planet were based on the most highly rated beach destinations by travelers. (We're so humbled...)
- March 30, 2011What do you get when you combine a renowned, regional hotbed of seafood and a month-long marathon of fun foodie events? Introducing FEAST! Tofino-Ucluelet… a culinary celebration and collaboration of local chefs and restaurants, fishermen, activities and accommodation from May 8 to June 4.
- March 22, 2011Tofino has been tearing up the TV networks lately with some fantastically funny coverage! From winter surfing with Rick Mercer on CBC to Dungeness Crab adventures with Chef Lynn Crawford on the Food Network, our lively local hosts did a great job showing off the area.
- February 22, 2011March is a celebration of many things… the arrival of spring, more daylight, new blooms, and all-things-fresh. It’s when Mother Nature takes her coat off and exhales a deep, warm breath. In these parts, March is also all about whales… lots of them actually because March is when we celebrate the arrival of over 20,000 grey whales as they migrate north from the Baja Peninsula, up our coastline on their way to Alaska.
- January 11, 2011We did a bang-up job welcoming 2011 with a fireworks celebration for the record-books! The moon was shining over Cox Bay as the festive spectacle lit up the surf in a dance of colours to ooh’s and ahhh’s from the crowd. Turns out we’re not the only ones who think Pacific Sands is a magic place to bring in the New Year – travel bloggers Alex and Luke voted the resort one of the Top 3 Places in North America to Spend New Year’s Eve.
- November 30, 2010Some might call the torrential winter rains that come with a rain forest downright nasty. Others might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Talk to a Tofino local or seasoned tourist and you’ll see eyes get wide with anticipation. In fact, storm watching is an attraction in these parts. A natural phenomenon you truly have to see to believe.
|[ Previous ]||page 5 of 5||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials