Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- April 21, 2014[Applause + ovations] Happy Earth Day! It’s April 22nd, which means the largest environmental event in the world is happening TODAY as more than a billion people in towns and cities around the globe celebrate this planet we all get to revolve on. More importantly, Earth Day shines a sustainable spotlight on how we keep it revolving. Here in Tofino, we take it a little further with a seven-day focus, turning one day into Earth Week–April 20 to 27. (Pssst! Not to brag but we have some creative license as a designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.)
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- September 26, 2013It rains here. There we said it. Not all the time of course, but it’s called a rainforest for a reason. And if you haven’t experienced the magic of Tofino’s rainforests, you haven’t looked through the magnificent eyes of Mother Nature herself. Imagine trees so ancient, gnarled and huge you feel itty-bitty beside them. Dense mossy banks in more shades of green than you thought possible. Long sandy beaches and misty, relentless surf that shimmers as the sun breaks through. And the lure of countless unique things to do, inside and out.
- May 21, 2013Who can forget the shocking devastation of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan, claiming some 19,000 precious lives. With the 8.9 magnitude quake sweeping an estimated 25 million tons of debris into the Pacific Ocean, officials estimate that as much as 1.5 million tons of it could wash up on BC shores. Travelling at an average of 10 miles per day, it took a full year for debris to start showing up in Tofino. As memories from Japan continue to sporadically float in, the community rallies with volunteer cleanup efforts.
- September 5, 2012The whole point of travelling is to get a new perspective on things right? What better way than from the air with a helicopter adventure tour of one of the most jaw-droppingly beautiful areas on the continent. (Is jaw-droppingly a word? It is now.) For a sea-to-sky trip that will leave you breathless, check-out the Mount Ursus Glacier Heli-Experience by Tofino’s Atleo River Air Services.
- April 25, 2012Without question, Tofino is a favourite family vacation destination. With no shortage of things to do and explore, it can be as ADD on activities or as low-key as you need it to be. And yes, Pacific Sands is an ideal adventure hub, as ocean front as it gets, and the #1 resort on TripAdvisor for a reason. But why is it that Pacific Sands is the accommodation of choice for decades of returning families? Probably because it’s been built on family for 39 years.
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages