Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- March 25, 2014The 4th annual FEAST Tofino is gearing up for its delicious May 1 to 29 culinary journey with guest chefs, 17 participating restaurants, 16 events and climbing. One of those events just happens to be right here at Pacific Sands when we spark up our beachfront Gazebo BBQs on Friday, May 16.
- November 25, 2013With its downtown meets laid-back Tofino vibe, Spotted Bear Bistro is known for its upscale comfort food–the kind of food that makes your stomach growl. And when they say they focus on locally sourced Vancouver Island products, they mean it. The menu is in constant transition, offering seasonal produce, cheeses, sustainable seafood and specialty meats from local farms and waters. But what’s most refreshing about Spotted Bear Bistro is how deliciously unassuming it is.
- February 28, 2013Pacific Sands is turning 40 and we’re celebrating food and the friends and family that have shared memories around the table here for generations. Hot off the press, Flavours of Tofino brings our finest chefs and eateries together with a collection of over 40 recipes featuring food imagery so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick the pages. More than a cookbook, this spectacular keepsake commemorates a slice of history, telling the story of Pacific Sands and the legendary love that built it.
- December 9, 2012As the only resort in Tofino with fully-equipped kitchens in every suite, we know how much that means to our guests. The ability to cook seaside with family, friends, or romantic meals for two is part of the Pacific Sands experience and has been for generations. We have most kitchen basics covered for culinary adventures during your stay, but as of Dec 21 visiting chefs will be able to borrow even more kitchen tools, appliances and cookware with our new Gourmet Pantry program.
- October 25, 2012Besides being beautiful, BC’s forests can be edible. It’s where wild mushrooms flourish – that down-to-earth seasonally indulgent ingredient that perks up a fall meal like nothing else can. As many food enthusiasts know, it’s now prime time for a forest jewel called chanterelle mushrooms. Not just any mushroom, chanterelles are stars in the wild mushroom category of savoury flavour, versatility, and earthy goodness. And foragers are now out in full force hunting for golden treasure.
- July 24, 2012Maybe we’re a little biased, but along with daily line-ups of loyal, hungry fans, we happen to think the fish tacos at Tacofino could go head to head with Baja beach huts – and win. Fuelled by the food truck phenomenon, Tacofino from Tofino BC is making massive foodie waves with a menu of flavours so fresh they should be twitching.
- May 22, 2012Having cooked professionally for over 30 years including top hotels in Toronto, Whistler, Vancouver as well as The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, Chef Tim May is now blazing culinary trails with Tofino’s RedCan Gourmet. And when it comes to Pacific Sands, from Beachside BBQ’s and catering resort events to delivering breakfast and pizza, he’s our resident culinary rockstar.
- April 25, 2012Without question, Tofino is a favourite family vacation destination. With no shortage of things to do and explore, it can be as ADD on activities or as low-key as you need it to be. And yes, Pacific Sands is an ideal adventure hub, as ocean front as it gets, and the #1 resort on TripAdvisor for a reason. But why is it that Pacific Sands is the accommodation of choice for decades of returning families? Probably because it’s been built on family for 39 years.
- March 22, 2012Easter comes early this year and while we can’t guarantee bunnies at the beach, we’re rolling out a red carpet of fun April 5 to 8 including our FREE Easter Kid’s Camp. We make dinner easy too with ready-to-serve Easter Ham Dinner delivered to your door.
- October 26, 2011Besides Tofino’s legendary storm watching season kicking-in big time in November, it’s a month that’s also famous for oysters. The succulent, shuck and slurp kind that the Pacific region is renowned for – over 50,000 gallons of oysters a year – are celebrated at the annual Clayoquot Oyster Festival; Nov. 17 – 19, 2011. Check out the fun details and our delicious recipe tribute: Pan-Fried Oyster & Bacon Sandwich (mmm)
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino restaurants