Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- June 6, 2017As Tofino’s culinary scene continues to dazzle with a growing list of restaurants earning accolades and buzz, some entrepreneurial locals are making waves with cool specialty products. From kombucha and popsicles to hand harvested sea salt, these food geniuses give new meaning to "natural resources."
- November 22, 2016If you've yet to experience our new onsite Surfside Grill, you’re in for a treat on your next visit. From fish & chips and fish tacos, to burgers, seafood chowder and catch-of-the-day specials, this sister site to Tofino’s wildly popular Wildside Grill is serving up fresh, fresh, fresh, classic beach food year-round. Guests are loving the convenience steps from their suite, but for the ultimate answer to “why cook we’re on holidays?”…catering is catching on.
- August 2, 2016With a bustling, new seaside kitchen and a steady stream of beach food-lovers, Surfside Grill is settling into its new Pacific Sands location. As the sister site to Tofino’s wildly popular Wildside Grill, commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake are enjoying their new Cox Bay vantage point, complete with Saturday night BBQ events and the odd whale sighting.
- July 4, 2016Commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake’s Wildside Grill has been a favourite eatery for locals and loyal visitors for over 8 years. From an upscale twist on seafood, to unique meat dishes sourced from Vancouver Island farms, their Outside Break parking lot location has earned raving fan status – including us. Which is why we’re SO excited the boys are days away from opening Surfside Grill – a sister location right here at Pacific Sands.
- April 27, 2016The boat-to-table philosophy behind Tofino’s 6th annual FEAST festival (May 6 – 22) is about to get very literal with a Chef’s Long Table event right here at Pacific Sands on May 12th. From a spectacular beachfront tent and looooong table for 75 lucky diners, to a 6-course meal paired and prepared by 11 local and visiting chefs, it’s an ambitious, al fresco dining experience – and we’ve got tickets.
- December 31, 2014With the busyness and indulgence of Christmas behind us, the post-eggnog countdown to 2015 is on. Whether you’re headed to a shindig with streamers or heading to the living room with a bowl of popcorn, New Year’s Eve is a time to reflect on the past year and look forward to the next. As we look back on another memorable year filled with new and returning friends and guests, we’re especially grateful for this incredible part of the world we get to call home.
- June 27, 2014Tofino’s celebrated foodie scene has a bold, new restaurant to add to the mix – the much-anticipated Wolf in the Fog is now open. They’re calling it “a culinary experience that matches the intensity of Tofino’s wild and dramatic environment.” How intense? A few years ago, all three of the (now) owners were on their way to an early morning fishing trip. It was a foggy Tofino morning, but right there on the very corner the restaurant now sits, they saw a wolf. Hmmm… sounds like chef dreams in the making, complete with a name.
- March 25, 2014The 4th annual FEAST Tofino is gearing up for its delicious May 1 to 29 culinary journey with guest chefs, 17 participating restaurants, 16 events and climbing. One of those events just happens to be right here at Pacific Sands when we spark up our beachfront Gazebo BBQs on Friday, May 16.
- February 27, 2014Naturally, romance flourishes here year round, but every February in celebration of that Saint named Valentine, there’s a heightened sense of that lovin’ feeling. So we couldn’t let the month go by without telling you about Chocolate Tofino, a chocolate-lover’s happy place named “The best handmade chocolates and gelato on Vancouver Island” by Frommer’s Travel Guides.
- November 25, 2013With its downtown meets laid-back Tofino vibe, Spotted Bear Bistro is known for its upscale comfort food–the kind of food that makes your stomach growl. And when they say they focus on locally sourced Vancouver Island products, they mean it. The menu is in constant transition, offering seasonal produce, cheeses, sustainable seafood and specialty meats from local farms and waters. But what’s most refreshing about Spotted Bear Bistro is how deliciously unassuming it is.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino public market
Sign up for news & specials