Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- February 27, 2017When challenged with how to capture the raw beauty and magical ‘sense of place’ that is uniquely Tofino, Tourism Tofino decided to let video do the storytelling through some remarkable locals doing extraordinary things. Aptly named Tofino Footprints, the 3-part video series takes us on a journey through the eyes and ideas of locals sharing, crafting, exploring and collaborating, with a sweeping “slice-of-life” approach that’s as mesmerizing as it is epic.
- February 29, 2016Can words describe the first breaths of spring? Let’s try: Spring is that knowing feeling of longer days, shifting breezes, and promising blooms that we inhale with eager anticipation. Sounds about right? That feeling is building in Tofino, especially with Spring Break, Easter and all the whale festivities in March, but it’s April we’re spotlighting for all its fun, earthy events and activities.
- April 21, 2014[Applause + ovations] Happy Earth Day! It’s April 22nd, which means the largest environmental event in the world is happening TODAY as more than a billion people in towns and cities around the globe celebrate this planet we all get to revolve on. More importantly, Earth Day shines a sustainable spotlight on how we keep it revolving. Here in Tofino, we take it a little further with a seven-day focus, turning one day into Earth Week–April 20 to 27. (Pssst! Not to brag but we have some creative license as a designated UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.)
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- May 21, 2013Who can forget the shocking devastation of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan, claiming some 19,000 precious lives. With the 8.9 magnitude quake sweeping an estimated 25 million tons of debris into the Pacific Ocean, officials estimate that as much as 1.5 million tons of it could wash up on BC shores. Travelling at an average of 10 miles per day, it took a full year for debris to start showing up in Tofino. As memories from Japan continue to sporadically float in, the community rallies with volunteer cleanup efforts.
- September 28, 2011“Eco” is one of those hip yet controversial words we hear a lot these days. Usually in the same sentence as “environmental”, “conservation”, “sustainability” and more 4+ syllable words that ultimately mean one thing… how you/me/we impact the future of this planet we all call home. At Pacific Sands we take the small role we play in the big picture very seriously and are very proud to have recently been awarded 4 Keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
- November 9, 2010Ever wonder what happens to all those little soaps and shampoo bottles you leave behind in hotel rooms? The ones you barely use?
Truth is they often end up in already overflowing landfills where they contaminate already fragile groundwater systems. What a waste, what a disaster. Meantime, impoverished people around the world die every day from infection and disease because they don’t have access to soap.
Doesn’t compute does it...
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
Sign up for news & specials