Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- July 4, 2017It’s here! Summertime…that season when families get to enjoy downtime and precious time together. Time to take a breather from the busy-ness of family schedules. Tofino is a place where families are transported to a simpler time when vacations were spent splashing in the surf, eating ice cream, and napping in a hammock. Whether your family is new to Tofino or has been coming for generations, you’re going to love our summer line-up of fun (and free) family activities.
- May 5, 2017A “Tofino getaway” is a very individual thing. Some people like to sleep in, enjoy a seaside brunch, walk the beach, read, nap, and ease into happy hour. Others venture out surfing, then venture into town, take a flight-see trip to Hot Springs Cove, and dine at a new local hotspot. Whether you’re an explorer or more about downtime, take your pick of pre-summer festivals and events and add a cool, cultural spin to your Tofino trip.
- March 30, 2017Artistic inspiration tends to come naturally here. From our majestic, coastal perch on the rugged shores of Vancouver Island, to Clayoquot Sound and the deep-rooted influence of First Nations, you could say art and culture are in Tofino’s DNA. And it’s why so many world-class artisans call Tofino home. Whether you meet them at Tofino Public Market, stroll the galleries in town, or enjoy the works of some of Tofino’s top artists right here at the Resort, create your own culture crawl on your next visit.
- February 27, 2017When challenged with how to capture the raw beauty and magical ‘sense of place’ that is uniquely Tofino, Tourism Tofino decided to let video do the storytelling through some remarkable locals doing extraordinary things. Aptly named Tofino Footprints, the 3-part video series takes us on a journey through the eyes and ideas of locals sharing, crafting, exploring and collaborating, with a sweeping “slice-of-life” approach that’s as mesmerizing as it is epic.
- January 26, 2017Every season is uniquely spectacular in Tofino, but when it comes to spring, count on fresh breezes and even fresher ideas for Spring Break with activities to meet every family’s wish list. From the arrival of 20,000+ migrating Grey Whales, to the Pacific Rim Whale Festival, we think you’ll agree that the March line-up of Tofino activities on and off the resort sounds like a great time for some good old fashioned family bonding.
- September 22, 2016While it’s officially the first day of fall, Tofino has declared an “Endless Summer” with Surf Season in full-throttle. Whether you’re an enthusiastic soon-to-be surfer, a seasoned wave-rider, or happy spectator, Tofino is where you want to be for kicked-up waves and events now through October!
- March 31, 2016The rugged, sandy shores of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park recently earned national and international accolades for beach awesome-ness, and so on behalf of the Tofino area, we humbly pull-up-a-log and say thanks!
- February 29, 2016Can words describe the first breaths of spring? Let’s try: Spring is that knowing feeling of longer days, shifting breezes, and promising blooms that we inhale with eager anticipation. Sounds about right? That feeling is building in Tofino, especially with Spring Break, Easter and all the whale festivities in March, but it’s April we’re spotlighting for all its fun, earthy events and activities.
- August 27, 2015Kids rule and ride at the 2nd Annual Bruhwiler Kids Surf Classic – an epic day dedicated to the hearty and hardcore little surfers that live for surfing! Free, fun and open to kids aged 0 to 18, it's an awesome family day at the beach.
- June 25, 2015When you’re a surf-town like Tofino, surfing means many things. To locals it’s a culture, a religion, a performance art on a moving, liquid stage. To visitors it’s an escape, an adventure, a bucket-list check mark. The common denominator? Fun. Which is exactly what we were thinking when we took a second look at how we could turn an old Resort cabin into a Surf Shack. What better way to celebrate the easy, breezy lifestyle of Tofino than a seaside surf hang-out?
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 5||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino public market
Sign up for news & specials