Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- March 30, 2017Artistic inspiration tends to come naturally here. From our majestic, coastal perch on the rugged shores of Vancouver Island, to Clayoquot Sound and the deep-rooted influence of First Nations, you could say art and culture are in Tofino’s DNA. And it’s why so many world-class artisans call Tofino home. Whether you meet them at Tofino Public Market, stroll the galleries in town, or enjoy the works of some of Tofino’s top artists right here at the Resort, create your own culture crawl on your next visit.
- February 27, 2017When challenged with how to capture the raw beauty and magical ‘sense of place’ that is uniquely Tofino, Tourism Tofino decided to let video do the storytelling through some remarkable locals doing extraordinary things. Aptly named Tofino Footprints, the 3-part video series takes us on a journey through the eyes and ideas of locals sharing, crafting, exploring and collaborating, with a sweeping “slice-of-life” approach that’s as mesmerizing as it is epic.
- January 17, 2014As you can appreciate, everything about the Tofino region’s rainforest ecosystem involves conservation efforts. From protecting shorelines and wildlife to sustainable living, if it’s something environmentally oriented, the Raincoast Education Society (RES) is involved. And whether it’s the full-scale UNESCO Biosphere Reserve calibre projects RES has on the go, or Kids Camps right here at Pacific Sands, we’re big fans on every level.
- October 30, 2013The history of surfing runs deep in these waters. From pioneering characters like Jim Sadler–who arrived on horseback from Alberta in the late 1940s and paddled the swells on a 13-foot plywood board–to hometown hero Pete Devries winning the 2009 O’Neill Cold Water Classic, the stories spanning over 60 years are as unique as they are legendary. And now thanks to Tofino local Devorah Reeves–Curator of the West Coast Surf Museum project–this celebrated surf culture is on track to be preserved for generations of wave riders to come. Read on for how you can help.
- September 26, 2013It rains here. There we said it. Not all the time of course, but it’s called a rainforest for a reason. And if you haven’t experienced the magic of Tofino’s rainforests, you haven’t looked through the magnificent eyes of Mother Nature herself. Imagine trees so ancient, gnarled and huge you feel itty-bitty beside them. Dense mossy banks in more shades of green than you thought possible. Long sandy beaches and misty, relentless surf that shimmers as the sun breaks through. And the lure of countless unique things to do, inside and out.
- May 21, 2013Who can forget the shocking devastation of the March 11, 2011 earthquake and tsunami that struck Japan, claiming some 19,000 precious lives. With the 8.9 magnitude quake sweeping an estimated 25 million tons of debris into the Pacific Ocean, officials estimate that as much as 1.5 million tons of it could wash up on BC shores. Travelling at an average of 10 miles per day, it took a full year for debris to start showing up in Tofino. As memories from Japan continue to sporadically float in, the community rallies with volunteer cleanup efforts.
- April 19, 2013June 7 to 9 marks the 11th Tofino Food & Wine Festival, an annual destination weekend event celebrating BC’s bounty of food, award-winning wines and more. The main event on June 8, Grazing in the Gardens, is at the magical Tofino Botanical Gardens; a 12 acre stage of foodie fun surrounded by rainforest trees, flowers, ponds and boardwalks. It’s sort of like “Alice in Wonderland” meets Tofino…with a glass of wine and a smorgasbord.
- June 13, 2012Like every activity in Tofino – including surfing – mountain biking can either be easy or epic. Meaning you can cruise the hard-packed beaches, enjoy the bike paths from town through Pacific Rim Park, or tackle the rugged rides where only experts go. And now with the Tuff City Bike Park opening this Saturday June 16th, riders of all skill levels can check-out dirt jumps, stunt trails and North America’s first manufactured pump track.
- April 10, 2012Besides the natural attraction to Tofino’s majestic old growth rainforests, long sandy beaches, and endless crashing surf, it’s also a hotbed of annual festivals and events. From celebrating shorebirds and colourful public markets to world-class food & wine festivals, Tofino’s activity line-up over the coming months is non-stop fun.
- July 29, 2011Experience the wide-eyed wonder of The Tofino Lantern Festival, a don’t miss summer event when the Tofino Botanical Gardens transforms into a Disneyesque fantasyland with candle-lit lanterns lighting up the night sky. Locals and crafty visitors look forward to this event every year… planning, plotting and inventing their handmade lanterns to show-off on Festival night. And these are not your average lanterns!
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials