Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- April 27, 2016The boat-to-table philosophy behind Tofino’s 6th annual FEAST festival (May 6 – 22) is about to get very literal with a Chef’s Long Table event right here at Pacific Sands on May 12th. From a spectacular beachfront tent and looooong table for 75 lucky diners, to a 6-course meal paired and prepared by 11 local and visiting chefs, it’s an ambitious, al fresco dining experience – and we’ve got tickets.
- March 31, 2016The rugged, sandy shores of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park recently earned national and international accolades for beach awesome-ness, and so on behalf of the Tofino area, we humbly pull-up-a-log and say thanks!
- February 29, 2016Can words describe the first breaths of spring? Let’s try: Spring is that knowing feeling of longer days, shifting breezes, and promising blooms that we inhale with eager anticipation. Sounds about right? That feeling is building in Tofino, especially with Spring Break, Easter and all the whale festivities in March, but it’s April we’re spotlighting for all its fun, earthy events and activities.
- January 7, 2016When the vision for your destination wedding is beachfront and intimate, imagine saying ‘I do’ on spectacular Cox Bay in Tofino, steps from your beachfront suite. Experience the possibilities at the Tofino Wedding Fair on January 23. But first, here are some planning tips for your Tofino beach wedding.
- December 6, 2015When it comes to “art,” they say every artist has a story, and every piece tells it without words. What kind of art speaks to you? Whether you come for one of Tofino’s many artisan events, or stroll the galleries that line our quaint streets, come meet and discover the many talented Tofino artists and handcrafted creations that make our spectacular corner of the world even more enchanting.
- October 28, 2015Bivalves are beckoning in November with the 19th annual Clayoquot Oyster Festival Nov. 20 to 22, where the world literally is your oyster. With over 50,000 gallons of Pacific oysters harvested in the region annually, Tofino has plenty to shuck and slurp about. But first, here are the top 5 facts you may not know about oysters.
- September 22, 2015Staying with us early October? Whether you surf, stand up paddle board, or simply enjoy awesome beachfront viewing, you’re in for a treat with two boarding events October 2 to 4.
- August 27, 2015Kids rule and ride at the 2nd Annual Bruhwiler Kids Surf Classic – an epic day dedicated to the hearty and hardcore little surfers that live for surfing! Free, fun and open to kids aged 0 to 18, it's an awesome family day at the beach.
- July 3, 2015We need your help! We're busy renovating a spacious 4-bedroom home to add to Pacific Sands Resort accommodations, and it needs a name. Enter your suggested name on our Facebook post by July 17, 2015 - the winner enjoys a 2-night stay in the new Vacation Home during 2015/16 Storm Watching Season!
- June 25, 2015When you’re a surf-town like Tofino, surfing means many things. To locals it’s a culture, a religion, a performance art on a moving, liquid stage. To visitors it’s an escape, an adventure, a bucket-list check mark. The common denominator? Fun. Which is exactly what we were thinking when we took a second look at how we could turn an old Resort cabin into a Surf Shack. What better way to celebrate the easy, breezy lifestyle of Tofino than a seaside surf hang-out?
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials