Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- August 24, 2011Whether you’re a foodie, aspiring cook or passionate chef, when it comes to herbs there’s a universal mantra. Fresh herbs take cooking to new levels on the flavour scale. Nothing against jarred herbs – they’re certainly handy – but for an aromatic, exotic and delicious complement to your favourite recipes, fresh herbs blow dry away every time. Taste for yourself next time you enjoy Tofino accommodations at Pacific Sands with our new Herb Garden. Simply snip what you need for dinner or have a culinary adventure with this yummy Tofino Dungeness Crab & Herb Butter recipe.
- July 13, 2011Check out this video of one of our catered Beach n’BBQ events featuring Chef Derek Sandercock from Addictive Foods…and guest-starring some of his delicious dishes. Held beachside in the Gazebo every Wednesday and Saturday in July and August, it’s a great way to have someone else do the cooking so you can relax and enjoy the view (psst! BYOB).
- May 25, 2011Just in time for Stanley Cup hockey playoff action, Tofino Brewing Company is serving up their new handcrafted ales to rave reviews. Specializing in small batch, sustainably produced ales, the brewery offers tours, merchandise and frosty tastings with two signature beers on tap.
- January 11, 2011We did a bang-up job welcoming 2011 with a fireworks celebration for the record-books! The moon was shining over Cox Bay as the festive spectacle lit up the surf in a dance of colours to ooh’s and ahhh’s from the crowd. Turns out we’re not the only ones who think Pacific Sands is a magic place to bring in the New Year – travel bloggers Alex and Luke voted the resort one of the Top 3 Places in North America to Spend New Year’s Eve.
- November 30, 2010Some might call the torrential winter rains that come with a rain forest downright nasty. Others might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Talk to a Tofino local or seasoned tourist and you’ll see eyes get wide with anticipation. In fact, storm watching is an attraction in these parts. A natural phenomenon you truly have to see to believe.
- October 26, 2010With over 50,000 gallons of Pacific oysters harvested in the region annually, Tofino has plenty to shuck and slurp about having declared November the official month to celebrate these abundantly yummy bivalves.
Oysters will take centre stage all month long at local restaurants and the Clayoquot Oyster Festival November 19 - 21.
- October 12, 2010When do you know it’s time for your family to head to the beach? a) You double book play-dates;
b) You haven’t had a mom/dad date in…?; c) You’re texting the kids in their bedrooms from the kitchen; d) Your dinner table is starting to feel like a reality TV show; or e) All of the above (?) The good news is family time is reality at Pacific Sands where quality down-time is as routine as it is downright therapeutic.
- September 23, 2010Hard to believe it’s already been a year since Tofino was in the spotlight for Canada’s first ever international surf competition. It was the 2009 O’Neill Cold Water Classic and local hero Peter Devries tore up the waves and won on home turf. Talk about making a surf statement!
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
Sign up for news & specials