Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- February 28, 2013Pacific Sands is turning 40 and we’re celebrating food and the friends and family that have shared memories around the table here for generations. Hot off the press, Flavours of Tofino brings our finest chefs and eateries together with a collection of over 40 recipes featuring food imagery so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick the pages. More than a cookbook, this spectacular keepsake commemorates a slice of history, telling the story of Pacific Sands and the legendary love that built it.
- September 26, 2012Some things just go together naturally – beaches, weddings and love. Imagine getting married on a majestic beach dotted with sand dollars, Pacific breezes, sand between your toes, and misty surf – you can’t write that picture, but you can do it here. Which is why we’re so excited to be part of a Beach Wedding Dream Team. The perfect trifecta of blissfully easy beach weddings combining our all-suite Tofino accommodation beachfront on Cox Bay, professional wedding planning, and onsite catering. Somebody queue the whales and violins!
- April 10, 2012Besides the natural attraction to Tofino’s majestic old growth rainforests, long sandy beaches, and endless crashing surf, it’s also a hotbed of annual festivals and events. From celebrating shorebirds and colourful public markets to world-class food & wine festivals, Tofino’s activity line-up over the coming months is non-stop fun.
- March 22, 2012Easter comes early this year and while we can’t guarantee bunnies at the beach, we’re rolling out a red carpet of fun April 5 to 8 including our FREE Easter Kid’s Camp. We make dinner easy too with ready-to-serve Easter Ham Dinner delivered to your door.
- February 10, 2012Since 1982 when Jamie Bray formed the first whale watching tour company on the west coast of Vancouver Island, he’s been blazing trails and boat wakes. With 20,000 grey whales now showing up on queue for their annual migration, boat tours are buzzing with excited whale watchers heading out to spectacular Clayoquot Sound for a closer look. We’re excited too! For Spring Break, we’ve teamed up with Jamie’s Whaling Station for an exclusive Pacific Sands 2 for 1 offer.
- October 10, 2011It’s all about big waves and girl power this week with the kick-off of the 2nd annual Queen of the Peak women’s surf competition. Presented by Surf Sister and Shelter Restaurant, the short and longboard competitions are set for Oct 15 & 16. With $1,500 cash and a spanky new surfboard up for grabs, it’s a celebration of Tofino’s unique women’s surf culture including fun festivities for competitors and surf fans all week long.
- July 29, 2011Experience the wide-eyed wonder of The Tofino Lantern Festival, a don’t miss summer event when the Tofino Botanical Gardens transforms into a Disneyesque fantasyland with candle-lit lanterns lighting up the night sky. Locals and crafty visitors look forward to this event every year… planning, plotting and inventing their handmade lanterns to show-off on Festival night. And these are not your average lanterns!
- June 8, 2011No question the drive to Pacific Sands is a must-do on the spectacular scale, but when you just want to get here, flying is a brilliant way to be at the resort faster than you can say “let’s hit the beach”. There are scheduled and chartered flights to Tofino from both Vancouver and Seattle with a variety of airlines, but for the ultimate in convenience from downtown Vancouver, Tofino Air now operates out of the new Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre.
- April 27, 2011The only thing better that the slap, sizzle and smell of a BBQ is enjoying it at the beach! Add to that someone ELSE doing the cooking (and clean-up) for you and your family so you can relax, watch the surf and enjoy a refreshing libation… and you’re now in the range of BBQ nirvana.
Staying with us during FEAST! Tofino-Ucluelet? We’re celebrating with Catered Beach ‘n BBQ’s on Wednesday May 18 & 25 at our beachfront Gazebo.
- November 30, 2010Some might call the torrential winter rains that come with a rain forest downright nasty. Others might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Talk to a Tofino local or seasoned tourist and you’ll see eyes get wide with anticipation. In fact, storm watching is an attraction in these parts. A natural phenomenon you truly have to see to believe.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 2||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials