Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- June 28, 2013Coffee is one of those things in life that makes everything feel better. A simple pleasure that makes us pause – even on the busiest of days – to ponder and put things in perspective. It wakes us up, brings us together, enhances a brunch and finishes a great dinner. And for anyone that’s enjoyed a Tofino beach walk with a coffee and the sound of the surf, it can be a religious experience. But as local roaster Tofino Coffee Co. will attest, there’s a science to good coffee.
- October 10, 2011It’s all about big waves and girl power this week with the kick-off of the 2nd annual Queen of the Peak women’s surf competition. Presented by Surf Sister and Shelter Restaurant, the short and longboard competitions are set for Oct 15 & 16. With $1,500 cash and a spanky new surfboard up for grabs, it’s a celebration of Tofino’s unique women’s surf culture including fun festivities for competitors and surf fans all week long.
- January 25, 2011When a child in BC is diagnosed with a progressive, life-limiting illness, two very magical places are there to assist with pediatric palliative care services for the child and their entire family - Canuck Place Children’s Hospice in Vancouver and Victoria General Hospital. As a tribute to the incredible work these organizations do and the families involved, Pacific Sands is honoured to be a partner in the "Oceans of Love" program.
- October 26, 2010With over 50,000 gallons of Pacific oysters harvested in the region annually, Tofino has plenty to shuck and slurp about having declared November the official month to celebrate these abundantly yummy bivalves.
Oysters will take centre stage all month long at local restaurants and the Clayoquot Oyster Festival November 19 - 21.
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino restaurants