Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- February 29, 2016Can words describe the first breaths of spring? Let’s try: Spring is that knowing feeling of longer days, shifting breezes, and promising blooms that we inhale with eager anticipation. Sounds about right? That feeling is building in Tofino, especially with Spring Break, Easter and all the whale festivities in March, but it’s April we’re spotlighting for all its fun, earthy events and activities.
- September 22, 2015Staying with us early October? Whether you surf, stand up paddle board, or simply enjoy awesome beachfront viewing, you’re in for a treat with two boarding events October 2 to 4.
- June 25, 2015When you’re a surf-town like Tofino, surfing means many things. To locals it’s a culture, a religion, a performance art on a moving, liquid stage. To visitors it’s an escape, an adventure, a bucket-list check mark. The common denominator? Fun. Which is exactly what we were thinking when we took a second look at how we could turn an old Resort cabin into a Surf Shack. What better way to celebrate the easy, breezy lifestyle of Tofino than a seaside surf hang-out?
- January 28, 2013According to Hallmark and the tradition of Valentine’s Day, ‘tis the season for a little extra romance. At the risk of sounding overconfident, when you’re as stunningly beautiful as Tofino, it’s romantic every single day here. But out of respect for Saint Valentine’s philosophy and the magic of love, we thought we’d shine a spotlight on just how amorous it gets with the following 10 romantic things to do in Tofino (in no particular order):
- August 20, 2012“Epic vertical”, “dropping in”, and “sick waves”… surfing lingo you might hear if you happen to find yourself floating in the spectacular waters around Tofino waiting for the next swell. As Canada’s surf capital, Tofino is renowned for its year round surf-appeal, miles of sandy surf-able beaches, world-class waves, and top teaching expertise including Surf Sister; a cool crew of accredited, female instructors that specialize in fun.
- October 10, 2011It’s all about big waves and girl power this week with the kick-off of the 2nd annual Queen of the Peak women’s surf competition. Presented by Surf Sister and Shelter Restaurant, the short and longboard competitions are set for Oct 15 & 16. With $1,500 cash and a spanky new surfboard up for grabs, it’s a celebration of Tofino’s unique women’s surf culture including fun festivities for competitors and surf fans all week long.
- March 22, 2011Tofino has been tearing up the TV networks lately with some fantastically funny coverage! From winter surfing with Rick Mercer on CBC to Dungeness Crab adventures with Chef Lynn Crawford on the Food Network, our lively local hosts did a great job showing off the area.
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials