Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- December 9, 2012As the only resort in Tofino with fully-equipped kitchens in every suite, we know how much that means to our guests. The ability to cook seaside with family, friends, or romantic meals for two is part of the Pacific Sands experience and has been for generations. We have most kitchen basics covered for culinary adventures during your stay, but as of Dec 21 visiting chefs will be able to borrow even more kitchen tools, appliances and cookware with our new Gourmet Pantry program.
- January 19, 2012Thanks to cool old western movies, Juan Valdez, the allure of European cafes, and cups called Starbucks, Tim and Joe, coffee is deeply entrenched as our favourite habitual social drink. We’ve been weaned on caffeine-fuelled culture that wakes us up and brings us together. Coffee’s especially big on the west coast, probably because it goes well with beach walks.
- October 26, 2011Besides Tofino’s legendary storm watching season kicking-in big time in November, it’s a month that’s also famous for oysters. The succulent, shuck and slurp kind that the Pacific region is renowned for – over 50,000 gallons of oysters a year – are celebrated at the annual Clayoquot Oyster Festival; Nov. 17 – 19, 2011. Check out the fun details and our delicious recipe tribute: Pan-Fried Oyster & Bacon Sandwich (mmm)
- October 10, 2011It’s all about big waves and girl power this week with the kick-off of the 2nd annual Queen of the Peak women’s surf competition. Presented by Surf Sister and Shelter Restaurant, the short and longboard competitions are set for Oct 15 & 16. With $1,500 cash and a spanky new surfboard up for grabs, it’s a celebration of Tofino’s unique women’s surf culture including fun festivities for competitors and surf fans all week long.
- September 28, 2011“Eco” is one of those hip yet controversial words we hear a lot these days. Usually in the same sentence as “environmental”, “conservation”, “sustainability” and more 4+ syllable words that ultimately mean one thing… how you/me/we impact the future of this planet we all call home. At Pacific Sands we take the small role we play in the big picture very seriously and are very proud to have recently been awarded 4 Keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
- July 29, 2011Experience the wide-eyed wonder of The Tofino Lantern Festival, a don’t miss summer event when the Tofino Botanical Gardens transforms into a Disneyesque fantasyland with candle-lit lanterns lighting up the night sky. Locals and crafty visitors look forward to this event every year… planning, plotting and inventing their handmade lanterns to show-off on Festival night. And these are not your average lanterns!
- June 22, 2011If you ever met Bill Pettinger over the years, you’d remember... especially his kindness and generosity, his passion for life and his love for Pacific Sands. It was Bill and his wife Joan that discovered and bought “Pacific Paradise Motel” in 1972. Bill was a legendary visionary that knew ambition when he saw it. Which is why it’s not surprising Bill made sure “big dreams” were a part of him and his beloved’s legacy. In 2007 The Bill and Joan Pettinger Tourism Bursary was established - we're thrilled to announce local graduate Emily Lamarche is the 2011 rebursary.
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino restaurants