Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- September 22, 2016While it’s officially the first day of fall, Tofino has declared an “Endless Summer” with Surf Season in full-throttle. Whether you’re an enthusiastic soon-to-be surfer, a seasoned wave-rider, or happy spectator, Tofino is where you want to be for kicked-up waves and events now through October!
- August 2, 2016With a bustling, new seaside kitchen and a steady stream of beach food-lovers, Surfside Grill is settling into its new Pacific Sands location. As the sister site to Tofino’s wildly popular Wildside Grill, commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake are enjoying their new Cox Bay vantage point, complete with Saturday night BBQ events and the odd whale sighting.
- July 4, 2016Commercial fisherman Jeff Mikus and chef Jesse Blake’s Wildside Grill has been a favourite eatery for locals and loyal visitors for over 8 years. From an upscale twist on seafood, to unique meat dishes sourced from Vancouver Island farms, their Outside Break parking lot location has earned raving fan status – including us. Which is why we’re SO excited the boys are days away from opening Surfside Grill – a sister location right here at Pacific Sands.
- May 31, 2016You know when you take a photo of a spectacular nature scene, wildlife in their habitat, or high-action sports… and you feel like a pro shooting a National Geographic moment – and then you look at it and realize you didn’t quite capture it? Actually, not even close. Then you look at professional photos that are so remarkable, they make you stop and stare. Count on experiencing waves of moments like those when you see Jeremy Koreski’s collection of Canadian coastal images that are so captivating, you feel like you’re participating.
- April 27, 2016The boat-to-table philosophy behind Tofino’s 6th annual FEAST festival (May 6 – 22) is about to get very literal with a Chef’s Long Table event right here at Pacific Sands on May 12th. From a spectacular beachfront tent and looooong table for 75 lucky diners, to a 6-course meal paired and prepared by 11 local and visiting chefs, it’s an ambitious, al fresco dining experience – and we’ve got tickets.
- March 31, 2016The rugged, sandy shores of Tofino and Pacific Rim National Park recently earned national and international accolades for beach awesome-ness, and so on behalf of the Tofino area, we humbly pull-up-a-log and say thanks!
- February 29, 2016Can words describe the first breaths of spring? Let’s try: Spring is that knowing feeling of longer days, shifting breezes, and promising blooms that we inhale with eager anticipation. Sounds about right? That feeling is building in Tofino, especially with Spring Break, Easter and all the whale festivities in March, but it’s April we’re spotlighting for all its fun, earthy events and activities.
- January 7, 2016When the vision for your destination wedding is beachfront and intimate, imagine saying ‘I do’ on spectacular Cox Bay in Tofino, steps from your beachfront suite. Experience the possibilities at the Tofino Wedding Fair on January 23. But first, here are some planning tips for your Tofino beach wedding.
- December 6, 2015When it comes to “art,” they say every artist has a story, and every piece tells it without words. What kind of art speaks to you? Whether you come for one of Tofino’s many artisan events, or stroll the galleries that line our quaint streets, come meet and discover the many talented Tofino artists and handcrafted creations that make our spectacular corner of the world even more enchanting.
- October 28, 2015Bivalves are beckoning in November with the 19th annual Clayoquot Oyster Festival Nov. 20 to 22, where the world literally is your oyster. With over 50,000 gallons of Pacific oysters harvested in the region annually, Tofino has plenty to shuck and slurp about. But first, here are the top 5 facts you may not know about oysters.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 8||[ Next ]|
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- chesterman beach
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- kids camp
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials