Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- January 9, 2018Some might call the torrential winter rain that comes with a rainforest downright nasty. Others might say getting caught in a winter storm is unlucky. Talk to a Tofino local or seasoned visiting storm watcher, and you’ll see eyes get wide with anticipation. In fact, storm watching is an attraction around here. A natural phenomenon you truly have to see to believe. For a taste of what we’re talking about, watch our storm watching video. The raw, wild beauty of nature’s fury may surprise you…
- November 8, 2017In the season and spirit of giving and all-things-grateful, we’re opening the Facebook floor for stories about someone amazing in your life that you want to nominate for our You Deserve It Tofino Break-Away Contest. From airfare and 2-nights in a Beach House, to dining gift certificates, surf lessons and more, it’s a bucket-list Prize Package valued at over $2,750 for someone deserving. (Pssst! And if “your someone” wins, you get a $500 Pacific Sands Gift Certificate for your own Tofino adventure.)
- October 5, 2017Like hunting for fall Easter eggs, wild mushrooms are the ultimate forager’s prize in BC’s edible forests. And for chefs, they’re a celebrated flavour-hit that pair brilliantly with autumn comfort foods. Fleeting and so camouflaged they’re almost stealth, Tofino’s hotbed of wild mushrooms include porcinis, chanterelles, pines, lobster, and hedgehogs. Pop quiz: What goes deliciously well with Tofino’s brisk October winds and wild, pre-Storm Season surf? Answer: Wild Mushroom and Rice Soup.
- September 12, 2017Get your savasana on seaside and set the tone for your Tofino vacay. Open to guests Saturdays & Mondays through September—and Saturdays year round—enjoy complimentary yoga in our onsite Surf Shack from 7:30am to 8:30am. With a zen-like studio setting complete with ocean views, rain or shine, we invite you to kick back and ohmmm.
- August 8, 2017Think surfing is an art? You're so right. So much so that between 2015 and 2017, Tofino Arts Council’s Tofino Boardwalk project showcased 20 meticulously crafted surfboards by local artists; prominently displayed at locations around town. It all came to a wave-like crescendo with an auction at the Tofino Boardwalk Gala on May 26, 2017. And we were there with bells on, winning 3 surfboards, each with their own unique expression of our community’s love for the ocean and the creative energy it just can't help but generate.
- July 4, 2017It’s here! Summertime…that season when families get to enjoy downtime and precious time together. Time to take a breather from the busy-ness of family schedules. Tofino is a place where families are transported to a simpler time when vacations were spent splashing in the surf, eating ice cream, and napping in a hammock. Whether your family is new to Tofino or has been coming for generations, you’re going to love our summer line-up of fun (and free) family activities.
- June 6, 2017As Tofino’s culinary scene continues to dazzle with a growing list of restaurants earning accolades and buzz, some entrepreneurial locals are making waves with cool specialty products. From kombucha and popsicles to hand harvested sea salt, these food geniuses give new meaning to "natural resources."
- May 5, 2017A “Tofino getaway” is a very individual thing. Some people like to sleep in, enjoy a seaside brunch, walk the beach, read, nap, and ease into happy hour. Others venture out surfing, then venture into town, take a flight-see trip to Hot Springs Cove, and dine at a new local hotspot. Whether you’re an explorer or more about downtime, take your pick of pre-summer festivals and events and add a cool, cultural spin to your Tofino trip.
- March 30, 2017Artistic inspiration tends to come naturally here. From our majestic, coastal perch on the rugged shores of Vancouver Island, to Clayoquot Sound and the deep-rooted influence of First Nations, you could say art and culture are in Tofino’s DNA. And it’s why so many world-class artisans call Tofino home. Whether you meet them at Tofino Public Market, stroll the galleries in town, or enjoy the works of some of Tofino’s top artists right here at the Resort, create your own culture crawl on your next visit.
- February 27, 2017When challenged with how to capture the raw beauty and magical ‘sense of place’ that is uniquely Tofino, Tourism Tofino decided to let video do the storytelling through some remarkable locals doing extraordinary things. Aptly named Tofino Footprints, the 3-part video series takes us on a journey through the eyes and ideas of locals sharing, crafting, exploring and collaborating, with a sweeping “slice-of-life” approach that’s as mesmerizing as it is epic.
|[ Previous ]||page 1 of 10||[ Next ]|
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials