Tofino Makes National Geographic's Top 10
Beyond iconic magazines, National Geographic has been mesmerizing millions of readers with remarkable stories, scenes and discoveries from around the world for over 125 years. Which is why a recent travel feature showcasing our humble little town has us gobsmacked.
Not only did Tofino make National Geographic’s Top 10 list for Best Spring Trips 2015, it was also the Reader’s Choice Winner with a spotlight on whale watching.
The travel article encourages readers to “take a break from the ordinary this spring” with editor’s picks for off-the-beaten-path adventures. From boating through tulip fields in Lisse, Holland and exploring the remote, Jurassic jungles of Kauai, Hawaii, to riding Japan’s newest bullet train from Tokyo to Hokuriku, this is no ordinary list.
Given Tofino is proudly “far from ordinary” we’re uber-thrilled to be recognized on this worldwide stage, especially by a multimedia institution like National Geographic.And while we can’t speak for the 20,000 Gray Whales now migrating past our shores, we hope they feel the love. That goes for all the Humpback and Orca Whales too.
Experience it for yourself with our popular whale-centric packages:
- Pacific Adventure Package – hang out with whale pods from the comfort of an enclosed cruiser featuring an outdoor viewing deck. Better yet, upgrade to a Hot Springs Cove Day Tour and enjoy whale watching through the heart of Clayoquot Sound and a soothing soak in Mother Nature’s hot tub – an untouched, geothermal hot spring in majestic Maquinna Provincial Park.
- Planning a family trip? Kids tour free with our 2 for 1 Family Whale Watching Special now through May 30.
Fun whale fact:
To get a better sense of what’s going on around them, a whale can “spyhop,” or hold its head straight up out of the water for minutes at a time. The manoeuvre, which gives the appearance that the whale is treading water, can be performed with eyes above or below the surface.
Photo credit: Jeremy Koreski
Post a Comment:
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino public market