New Tofino Restaurant Alert: Wolf in the Fog
Tofino’s celebrated foodie scene has a bold, new restaurant to add to the mix – the much-anticipated Wolf in the Fog is now open.
They're calling it “a culinary experience that matches the intensity of Tofino’s wild and dramatic environment.” How intense? A few years ago, all three of the (now) owners were on their way to an early morning fishing trip. It was a foggy Tofino morning, but right there on the very corner the restaurant now sits, they saw a wolf. Hmmm… sounds like chef dreams in the making, complete with a name.
As unique as its namesake, the Wolf in the Fog project has been a handcrafted labour of love ever since – from the venue to the menu – including:
- An elite team of culinary professionals led by Chef Nick Nutting, formerly from The Pointe Restaurant at The Wickaninnish Inn.
- Rustic meets contemporary design on two levels with a welcoming downstairs bar, coffee station and sidewalk patio called “The Den,” and the main restaurant, lounge and ocean-view outdoor patio upstairs.
- A menu focused on fresh, wild food that pays tribute to local fisherman and foragers with small plates like “Potato Crusted Oyster” and “Dungeness Crab Causa,” and bigger plates like “Green Soul” and “Tofino Salmon.”
- Plates to share at a 14-foot communal table like the “Spanish Picnic” (cod, mussels, octopus, tomato salad and more), the “Stampede” (flank steak, potatoes, brown butter mushroom vinaigrette), and “Block Party” (fried chicken, ribs, pulled pork, greens, cornbread).
- Wine, beer, cocktails and punch bowls that will make you rethink drink.
- Downstairs, “The Den” is all about drop-in casual with sandwich highlights like “Spot Prawn Bahn Mi” and “Tofino Smoked Brisket.”
- As for the coffee, they have a coveted Venus Century machine. Tall, steel and dead-sexy with a lot of moving parts and a large, signature eagle on top. There were only 100 made by coffee artisans Victoria Arduiro of Italy. Pope Benedict XVI has the first one, Wolf and the Fog has one. We can’t speak for the other 98 owners. Enough said.
- Speaking of art, prepare for everything from a wolf sculpture crafted from driftwood and a collage of broken surfboards, to etchings, photo light boxes and custom carved wooden beer taps. An unquestionably cool and eclectic collection from local artists as well as Toronto, New York, Trinidad, and London.
For more of a taste of how serious these guys are about fresh, wild food, check out this Wolf in the Fog launch video:
Pssst! Staying with us soon? We suggest reservations. Call 250.725.WOLF (9653) or reserve online at www.wolfinthefog.com
Post a Comment:
- beach bbq
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands tofino bc
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- shelter restaurant tofino
- sobo restaurant tofino
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino events
- tofino packages
- tofino restaurants