CALENDAR OF TOFINO EVENTS
- Tofino's Public MarketMay 21, 2016 - Oct 8, 2016
The Tofino Public Market Society presents Saturday Markets, May to September on Tofino's Village Green.
“Make it, Bake it, Grow it, Gather it” is the market’s principle. Vendors of all ages include local artisans, home bakers, market gardeners, and wild food harvesters. Organic and B.C. grown produce is most welcome. Non-profit organizations are also encouraged to participate.
Both locals and tourists alike enjoy visiting the market, held on the Tofino Village Green, at 3rd and Campbell, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Music, food, and surprises add to the fun, festive atmosphere.
The Markets provide a forum for Tofino artisans, artists and performers (and visiting vendors from across Vancouver Island and beyond) to showcase their wares.
In a festive atmosphere with fresh food, live music and other activities, visitors and locals can shop and peruse from vendor to vendor.
Come down to the park and check out what people are making, baking, growing and gathering.
- Pacific Rim Summer FestivalJun 30, 2016 - Jul 9, 2016
A festival of music, dance, theatre, film, and art in Tofino and Ucluelet.
- Canada Day CelebrationsJul 1, 2016 - Jul 1, 2016
10 - 3 pm Annual Tuff City Skate Comp
10 - 2 pm Tofino Public Market
12 - 3 pm BBQ Hot Dogs & Smokies
12 - 3 pm Family Games & Facepainting
4 - 7 pm Salmon Burger BBQ Dinner
4 - 7 pm Beverage Garden
4 pm Oh Canada, Cake Cutting & Live Music
4 - 7 pm Silent Auction
10 pm Fireworks on Tofino's Harbour
- Tofino Saltwater Classic Fishing DerbyJul 1, 2016 - Jul 3, 2016
Each year, former National Hockey League (NHL) player Brendan Morrison hosts the annual Tofino Saltwater Classic fishing derby, a fundraising event that supports local community initiatives.
- Meet Mark Hobson In His GalleryJul 1, 2016 11:00 am - Jul 3, 2016 3:00 pm
Mark will be in the gallery painting at his easel. Come in to see him in action and get insight into how he creates his vivid and detailed artworks.
- 30 Days of Sunshine 2016 BC Book TourJul 6, 2016 2:00 pmLocation: Darwin's Cafe, Tofino Botanical Gardens 1084 Pacific Rim HwyJoin Mark Cameron for a reading of Good Night Sunshine, a disenchanted family man drawn to Ecuador seeking an invention that could transform the global energy landscape.
- Tuesday Live Music at Jamie's Rainforest InnJul 6, 2016 9:00 pm - Jul 6, 2016 11:00 pmEvery Tuesday from 9-11pm, enjoy live music at Jamie's Rainforest Inn in the lounge, offering cold drinks, food features and good company!
- The Dreamer Examines His PillowJul 8, 2016 8:00 pmThis Summer live theatre returns to Tofino! The Tofino Arts Council, PRAS and the CSCTA have teamed up to produce John Patrick Shanley's "The Dreamer Examines His Pillow"
- Ukee DaysJul 22, 2016 - Jul 24, 2016Ukee Days is a hallmark week-end just down the road from Tofino, in Ucluelet. The normally sleepy(ish) seaside town of Ucluelet (or Ukee, as it is referred to in this neck of the woods) explodes in a summery haze of logger sports, live music, entertainment, contests and small-town fun.