Water Conservation – Stage 3
Tofino is currently experiencing a significantly drier and hotter spring & summer. Normally the west coast sees approximately 400mm of rain in May/June. This year rainfall during those two months has totalled about 14mm.The District of Tofino has implemented Stage 3 water conservation and is asking all visitors and residents to help conserve our limited water reservoir supply.
During this stage, all outdoor use of water is strictly prohibited. Our foot and pet wash stations and outdoor showers have been temporarily shut off. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and we appreciate your cooperation.
Every Drop Counts
There are other small ways that you can help with water conservation during your stay. Please consider:
- Skipping baths and minimizing your time in the shower
- Turning off the faucet while brushing your teeth, shaving or washing hands
- Avoid flushing toilet unnecessarily
- Wash fruits and veggies in a bowl instead of under running water
- Skipping daily towel and linen changes if not needed
- Using dishwasher or in-suite laundry only with a full load
Thank you for your understanding! And remember, every drop counts 🙂
Pacific Sands Beach Resort