At Pacific Sands Beach Resort, creating a Safe Space for guests, staff and the community of Tofino is paramount. The following is a summary of our COVID-19 protocols and precautionary measures.
Reopening June 1st
First and foremost, we can not thank you enough for your support and patience as we work to create a safe space for you to once again, enjoy Tofino and your stay at Pacific Sands. We are now taking reservations for stays starting June 1st and invite you to book online or call Guest Services at 1.800.565.2322—currently, we are open daily from 9am to 5pm PST.
Some Important Questions for You
Planning on coming to Tofino? We look forward to welcoming you! In the interest of ensuring your safety—and the safety of all of our guests—please review the following questions:
- Do any of the members of your travelling party have the following symptoms of COVID-19: fever, cough, difficulty breathing, diminished taste or smell, runny nose, sore throat, muscle or body aches?
- Have any of your party had contact with a person with a confirmed or possible case of COVID-19 in the past 21 days?
- Has anyone in your party travelled outside of Canada in the past 14 days, or had contact with anyone that has just returned to Canada from abroad?
If you respond YES to any of the points above, we kindly ask you to call us to change your reservation to a later date until you can respond NO to these questions. There is no charge for changing your reservation.
If you responded NO to the points above and plan to travel Tofino, it is important that we make you aware of special measures at our Resort—and within the Tofino community—that comply with recent changes to government regulations and guidelines regarding COVID-19.
- Guest Services is staffed from 7am to 9pm and accessible via our in-house texting service at 1.778.762.3320, or by calling the office at 250.725.3322.
- In order to allow for increased cleaning procedures, our check-in time is 5pm or later.
- Convenient Curbside Check-in is now available. If you would prefer to check-in that way, simply call Guest Services in advance to notify us of your arrival time.
- In compliance with social distancing measures, we restrict our check-in area to a maximum of 2 guests at a time.
- In order to allow for increased cleaning procedures, our check-out time is 10am.
- Please text or call Guest Services to notify us you are checking-out and leave your keys in your suite. A final invoice will be emailed directly to you.
- Upon check-out, we request that the following procedures be followed: (1) Dishwasher loaded and wash cycle started; and (2) open one window for ventilation.
- Your suite will be fully stocked for your stay.
- To minimize contact, housekeeping will not enter your suite for daily service.
- For additional items, like towels, coffee, toiletries, etc., please text or call Guest Services, and items will be delivered to your front door.
- Surfside Grill is open from 11am to 8pm for take-out. You can also enjoy dining on the deck and around the fire-pit area.
- Surf Sister is open for lessons and rentals from 9am to 5pm.
- A reduced gift shop area—as well as grocery provisions—are available for purchase are in Guest Services. Thank you in advance for respecting the maximum 2 guest occupancy in this area.
- Our courtyard and firepit areas are open and set-up with safe seat spacing.
- Bike rentals are available upon request. Please call or text Guest Services and bike(s) will be arranged for your pick up.
- Barbecues are available; barbecue utensils can be requested from Guest Services.
- Guest laundry is available; ask Guest Services for additional laundry soap as required.
>> Temporarily unavailable:
- The Coffee Bar and lounge area is closed at this time, along with access to the DVD library and games.
- Gourmet Pantry items.
- Our shuttle service is also temporarily unavailable; however, a paid shuttle service is available through Pacific Rim Navigators at 250.725.8393.
- In case of emergencies outside of business hours please call 250.726.6380.
- Please maintain 6 feet/2 metre social distancing measures on the property, on beaches, in line-ups, on trails, and when you’re in Tofino.
- When travelling as a couple or family group, be aware of how you may be perceived by others that may not realize who is in your “bubble.” Right now, respect and compassion for each other is more important than ever.
- Please only visit the Tofino General Hospital if it is an emergency.
- If you begin to show any symptoms of COVID-19 you must go home immediately and inform Guest Services of your departure.
- Local shops, tour operators and businesses are operating with amended services and/or hours. Please visit Tourism Tofino for more information.
- Gaia Grocery is offering online shopping and curbside pick up.
- A number of restaurants are open for take away and delivery. We recommend:
Surfside Grill (onsite)
More on Our Safe Space
With regard to concerns around COVID-19, we are taking additional measures to ensure we are following best practices as directed by trusted health authorities to ensure you have a comfortable and safe visit.
As part of maintaining our high standards of hygiene and cleanliness, we have implemented enhanced health safety procedures and preventative practices with our team, including:
- All guest rooms are treated with an electrostatic sprayer, which provides superior sanitization coverage.
- Public touch points such as handrails, door handles and knobs are being cleaned multiple times throughout the day.
- Medical-grade cleaning products are being used throughout the resort.
We are closely monitoring developments of COVID-19 and following recommendations from our local health departments and experts at the Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We take these measures very seriously and continue to communicate awareness and training procedures with our team to reinforce our sanitization and safety procedures.
>> For full details on Pacific Sands’ Employee Protocols and Procedures, please click here.
Please call Guest Services at 1.800.565.2322.