During these extraordinary times of social-distancing and isolating, we’re spending more time than ever before thinking about staying connected.
In fact, for the first time in our modern age, the entire world is united with a common purpose: to keep calm and carry on while staying home to fight COVID-19. It’s a pivotal moment in time—a reminder of just how interconnected we are as humans and how small our world truly is.
Of course, we are in this together, and together we will all get through it. At the same time, we have an opportunity to align with the best version of ourselves. To check-in and connect with what really matters. To manage screen-time and focus on extreme self-care so we can recalibrate our body, mind and spirit. And most of all, to use all this unexpected time to dream up new ways to create joy in our lives!
Try these 5 daily steps to reconnect with yourself and to stay connected with the outside world:
- Sleep – there is nothing more restorative for your brain and body. Now is the time to start paying down the sleep debt you’ve accumulated. Walk away from the news loop and take a nap.
- Sweat – no excuses anymore! With so many online workouts it’s never been easier or more convenient to get and stay fit. And don’t be afraid to dance like no one’s watching (wink).
- Escape – it doesn’t have to be Groundhog Day every day? Whether it’s a book, a docu-series on Netflix, or virtual travel sites like our live Tofino Surf Cam, do whatever it takes to let your imagination take you to new places.
- Stay social – enjoy some actual face time with family and friends through a virtual video call, dinner party or happy hour. Mix it up and make it fun!
- Breathe – if you can’t go outside, go inside. Take advantage of this time to just “be” and connect with your breath. Mindfulness is the fastest way to get centred, be present, and rewire your body’s stress response to a place of calm.
Enjoy Our Virtual 30-minute Hatha Yoga Class
Speaking of breathing, we invite you to take a mind/body pause with Pacific Sands’ Yoga Instructor Heidi MacPherson in this grounding, breath-centred 30-minute Hatha class—filmed at our breathtaking Sunset House.
More About Heidi
Heidi is an E-500 Registered Yoga Teacher with the Yoga Alliance. She leads the yoga program at Pacific Sands and is a senior teacher at Coastal Bliss Yoga. With over 1000 hours of yoga training in Vinyasa, Hatha and Yin, Heidi’s teachings are alignment-based, compassionate and whole. Her philosophy of pausing to create space in the body and mind brings greater awareness, mobility and self-expression as you reconnect to what it is that’s most important.
Pacific Sands Yoga Program
- While our all-inclusive 3-night, 4-day Yoga & Wellness Experience has been postponed, stay tuned for new dates and details!
- Our complimentary Saturday morning yoga class will be back as soon as possible.
- For guest staying with us during the summer months, complimentary yoga will be offered four times per week, including beach yoga sessions.
- Interested in a private or group yoga session? Simply contact Guest Services for more information on fees and booking opportunities.
Ask Us Anything
We are here and happy to help with any questions you may have about future reservations, yoga or Tofino in general at 1.800.565.2322.
In the meantime, stay safe, stay well, and stay connected. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Videographer: Mark Mckeough – On the Beach Motion Pictures