Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- September 26, 2013It rains here. There we said it. Not all the time of course, but it’s called a rainforest for a reason. And if you haven’t experienced the magic of Tofino’s rainforests, you haven’t looked through the magnificent eyes of Mother Nature herself. Imagine trees so ancient, gnarled and huge you feel itty-bitty beside them. Dense mossy banks in more shades of green than you thought possible. Long sandy beaches and misty, relentless surf that shimmers as the sun breaks through. And the lure of countless unique things to do, inside and out.
- August 31, 2013Let’s set the scene: picture paddling along the pristine shores of Tofino in your cozy wetsuit, breathing in the intoxicating sea air, cruising by towering forests and eagle’s nests, wait…there’s a seal. All this while getting a great workout standing up on a paddleboard; the fastest growing water sport in the world. Sounds like all these boards need is cup-holders to be the perfect vacation sport!
- April 19, 2013June 7 to 9 marks the 11th Tofino Food & Wine Festival, an annual destination weekend event celebrating BC’s bounty of food, award-winning wines and more. The main event on June 8, Grazing in the Gardens, is at the magical Tofino Botanical Gardens; a 12 acre stage of foodie fun surrounded by rainforest trees, flowers, ponds and boardwalks. It’s sort of like “Alice in Wonderland” meets Tofino…with a glass of wine and a smorgasbord.
- March 28, 2013Tofino’s surf culture continues to surprise and delight warm water surfers as profiled in this CNN iReport video. Check out travel reporter Tracy Bymoen’s candid interviews with locals to get the scoop on what makes Tofino’s surf scene so special.
- February 28, 2013Pacific Sands is turning 40 and we’re celebrating food and the friends and family that have shared memories around the table here for generations. Hot off the press, Flavours of Tofino brings our finest chefs and eateries together with a collection of over 40 recipes featuring food imagery so mouth-watering, you’ll want to lick the pages. More than a cookbook, this spectacular keepsake commemorates a slice of history, telling the story of Pacific Sands and the legendary love that built it.
- January 28, 2013According to Hallmark and the tradition of Valentine’s Day, ‘tis the season for a little extra romance. At the risk of sounding overconfident, when you’re as stunningly beautiful as Tofino, it’s romantic every single day here. But out of respect for Saint Valentine’s philosophy and the magic of love, we thought we’d shine a spotlight on just how amorous it gets with the following 10 romantic things to do in Tofino (in no particular order):
- August 20, 2012“Epic vertical”, “dropping in”, and “sick waves”… surfing lingo you might hear if you happen to find yourself floating in the spectacular waters around Tofino waiting for the next swell. As Canada’s surf capital, Tofino is renowned for its year round surf-appeal, miles of sandy surf-able beaches, world-class waves, and top teaching expertise including Surf Sister; a cool crew of accredited, female instructors that specialize in fun.
- March 22, 2012Easter comes early this year and while we can’t guarantee bunnies at the beach, we’re rolling out a red carpet of fun April 5 to 8 including our FREE Easter Kid’s Camp. We make dinner easy too with ready-to-serve Easter Ham Dinner delivered to your door.
- February 10, 2012Since 1982 when Jamie Bray formed the first whale watching tour company on the west coast of Vancouver Island, he’s been blazing trails and boat wakes. With 20,000 grey whales now showing up on queue for their annual migration, boat tours are buzzing with excited whale watchers heading out to spectacular Clayoquot Sound for a closer look. We’re excited too! For Spring Break, we’ve teamed up with Jamie’s Whaling Station for an exclusive Pacific Sands 2 for 1 offer.
- January 19, 2012Thanks to cool old western movies, Juan Valdez, the allure of European cafes, and cups called Starbucks, Tim and Joe, coffee is deeply entrenched as our favourite habitual social drink. We’ve been weaned on caffeine-fuelled culture that wakes us up and brings us together. Coffee’s especially big on the west coast, probably because it goes well with beach walks.
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials