Welcome to the Pacific Sands Beach Resort Blog where we share local stories, happenings and what matters in Tofino BC, our spectacular corner of the world.
- May 22, 2012Having cooked professionally for over 30 years including top hotels in Toronto, Whistler, Vancouver as well as The Clayoquot Wilderness Resort, Chef Tim May is now blazing culinary trails with Tofino’s RedCan Gourmet. And when it comes to Pacific Sands, from Beachside BBQ’s and catering resort events to delivering breakfast and pizza, he’s our resident culinary rockstar.
- April 25, 2012Without question, Tofino is a favourite family vacation destination. With no shortage of things to do and explore, it can be as ADD on activities or as low-key as you need it to be. And yes, Pacific Sands is an ideal adventure hub, as ocean front as it gets, and the #1 resort on TripAdvisor for a reason. But why is it that Pacific Sands is the accommodation of choice for decades of returning families? Probably because it’s been built on family for 39 years.
- April 10, 2012Besides the natural attraction to Tofino’s majestic old growth rainforests, long sandy beaches, and endless crashing surf, it’s also a hotbed of annual festivals and events. From celebrating shorebirds and colourful public markets to world-class food & wine festivals, Tofino’s activity line-up over the coming months is non-stop fun.
- March 22, 2012Easter comes early this year and while we can’t guarantee bunnies at the beach, we’re rolling out a red carpet of fun April 5 to 8 including our FREE Easter Kid’s Camp. We make dinner easy too with ready-to-serve Easter Ham Dinner delivered to your door.
- February 10, 2012Since 1982 when Jamie Bray formed the first whale watching tour company on the west coast of Vancouver Island, he’s been blazing trails and boat wakes. With 20,000 grey whales now showing up on queue for their annual migration, boat tours are buzzing with excited whale watchers heading out to spectacular Clayoquot Sound for a closer look. We’re excited too! For Spring Break, we’ve teamed up with Jamie’s Whaling Station for an exclusive Pacific Sands 2 for 1 offer.
- January 19, 2012Thanks to cool old western movies, Juan Valdez, the allure of European cafes, and cups called Starbucks, Tim and Joe, coffee is deeply entrenched as our favourite habitual social drink. We’ve been weaned on caffeine-fuelled culture that wakes us up and brings us together. Coffee’s especially big on the west coast, probably because it goes well with beach walks.
- November 29, 2011As our legacy of guests will attest, part of the adventure of coming to Tofino is the road-trip. From check-lists and packing to travel logistics, it takes some pre-planning. But with value-added bonuses like our new BC Residents’ Bonus Package, it doesn’t have to be an Amazing Race episode.
- October 26, 2011Besides Tofino’s legendary storm watching season kicking-in big time in November, it’s a month that’s also famous for oysters. The succulent, shuck and slurp kind that the Pacific region is renowned for – over 50,000 gallons of oysters a year – are celebrated at the annual Clayoquot Oyster Festival; Nov. 17 – 19, 2011. Check out the fun details and our delicious recipe tribute: Pan-Fried Oyster & Bacon Sandwich (mmm)
- October 10, 2011It’s all about big waves and girl power this week with the kick-off of the 2nd annual Queen of the Peak women’s surf competition. Presented by Surf Sister and Shelter Restaurant, the short and longboard competitions are set for Oct 15 & 16. With $1,500 cash and a spanky new surfboard up for grabs, it’s a celebration of Tofino’s unique women’s surf culture including fun festivities for competitors and surf fans all week long.
- September 28, 2011“Eco” is one of those hip yet controversial words we hear a lot these days. Usually in the same sentence as “environmental”, “conservation”, “sustainability” and more 4+ syllable words that ultimately mean one thing… how you/me/we impact the future of this planet we all call home. At Pacific Sands we take the small role we play in the big picture very seriously and are very proud to have recently been awarded 4 Keys in the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
- beachfront tofino accommodations
- Clayoquot Sound
- cox bay
- cox bay tofino
- feast tofino
- ocean view tofino accommodations
- pacific sands beach resort
- pacific sands surf shack
- pacific sands tofino bc
- pacific surf package
- raincoast education society
- redcan gourmet
- surf sister
- the pointe restaurant at wickaninnish inn
- tofino accommodations
- tofino activities
- tofino bc
- tofino brewing company
- tofino events
- tofino packages
Sign up for news & specials